WD-40 as Scent?

• Thread starter Thread starter Manny
  • Start date Start date
Really big water.. omg.. I was praying for my life one day.. is that big enough for you..? I wasn't doing 60 either I never speed around like a j/a, only when it is somewhat safe to do so.. like I said in the first post the rare day I can do it, going up the canal I know all about the dangers of semi or even submerged logs.. but that day circumstances where different I didn't have an unsinkable boat.. I was running one of those little Bamfield Inn boats. The weather came up unexpectedly. I was all for running behind an island and spending the night safe on land, but my guests wanted to go back to the lodge against my own recommendations. We started out against my better judgement. I don't know how big they where maybe 50 ft'rs from the bottom of the trough. I hit every wave perfectly on the 45 angle on the bow and we made it in. It was not something I would ever want to do ever again or wish it upon any other man, but I know I can handle some pretty scary stuff if I had to. The guy who was with me that day, we develpoed a special bond that day and even though he's busy with the resort he owns in Costa Rica he still makes it up at least once a year to come fishing with me.

Reply to reel easy, I am not exaggerating at all about the 20 springs to the boat on sat. We fished all day got 8 in the morning bite and 12 in the afternoon bite at high tide. 3 double headers. and I forgot about the 2 in the evening bite. Ask anyone that was out off blundell on Saturday it was hot. At one point on the high tide bite there was 6 boats out there and everyone had a fish on one boat with a double header.

Hey Double, just wondering, whats the day limit up that way it's 1 over and 1 under where we fish with a 4 possession limit, did you say you landed 30 springs, big party I guess.

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

50 footers in a 17' whaler....
who are you kidding ?

What benefit would it be for me to lie about any of this?
And they where not whalers they where "whaler type" ..they had no foam between the hulls.

Now to get back on track with this subject DO NOT spray your bait with wd-40 it is not made with herring and fish oils like it used to be it is now mostly water and petrolium products now and it is very bad for the envrionment if you want to add scent to your bait why not just soak it in your brine and add with herring oil in it the longer your bait is soaking in it the better dont you think better than a little spray so please dont hurt our envrionment more than it needs too a little bit goes a long way.

Wolf

What benefit would it be for me to lie about any of this?
And they where not whalers they where "whaler type" ..they had no foam between the hulls.
[/quote]

never heard of a guide that would take people out in conditions
where 50' waves could be a factor that's all;)

quote:never heard of a guide that would take people out in conditions
where 50' waves could be a factor that's all

un·ex·pect·ed.ly
adjective. Coming without warning; unforeseen.

After I catch my first fish I like to rub my bait on it. I figure it wouldn't be so bad to have some salmon smell on it, and it never seems to hurt. Use it on spoons, hootchies, bait, plugs, anything I am using at the time.

Back