Wax wax wax

Jencourt

So the old tub is in need of a good waxing. NOT oxidized (or whatever it is called) to the point of feeling rough and powdery, but looking dull and less than well protected for sure. What is the most recommended wax to bring back that showroom shine? Well as close as ya can get on a 96 Trophy anyway.

Agreed - Specially formulated for fibreglass and really works. Just finished my Striper (wax on.....wax off...you are now ready, grasshopper)

http://newcontent.westmarine.com/content/images/catalog/full/125965_FUL.jpg

Its expensive, but it works

Note - this stuff (available at Canadian Tire) is designed for light to moderate oxidation. They have another product that's designed for moderate to heavy oxidation - also works very well. I used the lighter stuff on my boat and the heavier on my camper with great results.

Just realized I got this started in the wrong section.Meant to put it in the Boats Motors trailers section. My bad. Could the Mods move it for us?

Will trade this for some tims

149395.jpg

Ha ha, that's a great deal...and I just finished 2 weeks of cut polish and waxing. Timing is everything.

Just about to do my boat also, used the 3m product suggested by others last season with pretty good results. Would like to maybe do a better job this season, green hull, with some good white color staining oxidation I guess. JAC would you suggest a rubbing compound before the all in one 3m.

Or I guess a better question would be do you guys think a rubbing compound followed by a wax would do a better job than the 3m all in one?

Jencout do you have a variable speed buffer? Makes waxing a lot easier, one thing I learned today while waxing my truck, was to use a low speed

What's this wax stuff you guys are talking about :rolleyes::p:D.

My boats ready to go :). She don't like wax lol.

Or I guess a better question would be do you guys think a rubbing compound followed by a wax would do a better job than the 3m all in one?

I asked the 3M rep at the Ocean Pacific sale in Campbell River yesterday this question yesterday. His response was that using their cut polish and then wax would result in a longer lasting wax than the one step - but both were good. Really depends on how much rubbing you want to do.

Guys, I just did mine and the shine is unbelievable, I am not usually one for new gimmicks and in the past always used 3m finesse it with a snap-on variable speed (not dual Action) 9" buffer with a wool pad, and had decent results,
but ran into a product called Buff Magic and will never go back to anything else, its a variarable grit compound that quickly breaks down as you apply it so you go from the coarse cut to fine cut all in one step..... if that makes sense,
anyway give it a shot at 1800-2200 rpm max and follow with a sealer, I have to say the results are unbelievable, I tried theyre buffer too and wasn't happy till I pulled out my variable speed, I went from 10 years of oxidization to new finish, took me a weekend or so to do it but holy crap, lots of youtubes on it iif you want to check it out.
Here's a shot of my walk around area that was dead and flat and chalky
41c35b5e88cc3ebab8b49c82690591e0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You guy's have way to much time on your hands lol :D.

Sorry for the hijack Ray. I know you understand my non predicament :cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
its available online and Steveston marine has it locally

You guy's have way to much time on your hands lol :D.

your absolutely correct, I had it on the hard for almost a month and everyday it killed me not being on the water,

Back