Wanted - 1/2 inch nylon rope

sir-vivor

I need about 250 ft of 1/2 Inc Nylon rope (white) to be added to my existing anchore rope, I found it at West Marine (Richmond) for .47 a foot , anyone know of any better deals out there ?

call poco marine,, good deals on rope

if you need any advice on how to rig it or set it you can ask me ive never owned an anchore but i know all about it

anchoring.com was at the boat show practically giving the stuff away. 200' for like $60! maybe try www.anchoring.com

anchoring.com was at the boat show practically giving the stuff away. 200' for like $60! maybe try www.anchoring.com

Thanks FB, just looked at the site and 1/2 Braided Nylon 300ft is $99.99 and 600ft $229.00 feet .... what a deal and pick up in Blaine.

They want the cash before pick up so has anyone done any biz with these guys ??

Again thanks FB

Clint

Last edited by a moderator:
hey that is a good deal way easier than just picking it up down the road probably save alot of money and time! more time for fishin and drinking eh! LOL

Does anyone know if there would be anything other than taxes due on the Ropes' purchase price ? , with NAFTA maybe no other charges (duty etc) , has anyone bought rope in the usa and brought it back (and claimed it LOL) ??

Clint,

They're good.

Thanks FB, just looked at the site and 1/2 Braided Nylon 300ft is $99.99 and 600ft $229.00 feet .... what a deal and pick up in Blaine.

They want the cash before pick up so has anyone done any biz with these guys ??

Again thanks FB

Clint

The guys at the booth seemed on the level. Mention you were at the show and maybe they knock it down. AJR Windows offered me show pricing on a quote the rendered earlier today. I'm thinking others might do the same. Anchoring.com was all 70% off for the show....show your information.

Cheers.

Oh, not sure if the site lists where the rope is made, but I'm pretty sure any US or Canadian made good is duty free when carrying from US to Can. If it is overseas rope you may be charged a duty. Keep in mind, you can bring $200 worth of goods back to Canada per person in the vehicle in a 24hour stay duty and tax free. Or $100 per person for 24 hours or less. If you have them omit the tax from the receipt (as canada doesn't care if Uncle Sam got his cut), your $99.00 anchor line should cost you $99 bucks to your door.

The guys at the booth seemed on the level. Mention you were at the show and maybe they knock it down. AJR Windows offered me show pricing on a quote the rendered earlier today. I'm thinking others might do the same. Anchoring.com was all 70% off for the show....show your information.

Cheers.

I find that almost all the vendors will offer boat show pricing for a couple weeks after the show. If not, the Victoria show is in a couple weeks...

I will repost my edit.

To my knowledge, you can bring $100 in a day, $200 per 24-47 hour period, and $400 in a 48+ hour period. This is PER PERSON in the vehicle.

I think after 72 hours or maybe 7 days it is $800 per person.
Don't quote me at the booth but as a ballpark, these figures should be pretty close if not bang on.

Some duties vary on items made overseas. Some overseas items are not charged duty (Japanese Outboards for example). EVERYTHING is charged HST. Most definitely be honest. What you think you are saving at the border in tax by streeeetching the truth is not worth the financial dent they will put in your wallet. You likely will be going home in a couple to a few hours, and the fine for your Tom Foolery will have at least 4 zeros to the left of the decimal. Don't ask me how I know :p

oh gees i don't know i think a phone call to the rcmp would be in order? LOL!!

Thanks guys and FB your 100% on the Cdn / USA made fact (and Mexico now) but I dont know where the Rops made and indeed could be charged a duty, if they do charge me a duty shouldnt be more than the cost and still a deal ,if it is a lot the Boarder service boys might have a new tow rope.
I Will probably send a email to Boarder Service tommorow and see what they can tell me.
But then again, maybe just wait for the Vic boat show and hope they show.
Also, I forgot about the rope when I went to the Vanc boat show ... met a buddy and forgot what the heck I was going there for LOL (getting old you know) ! But I did see a 3G Radar I got to have ...... still dreaming about that one.... because that involves a new radar arch , geees does it ever stop !!!
Thanks again boys !

I have never had a problem calling the border directly with questions. just google the crossing and there is usually a general information line, and its usually an actual person, not automation...at least it was when I last called. They always been helpful and friendly. When it comes to customs, I prefer the answer from a real person.

AND LASTLY....LOL

Get the 3G Radar!! If they have any left (stevensons), cuz I bought one of the last 3 they had on the computer at the show (Their show stock sold out in no time) for $999.99. On top of that great price (H.C. said Stevenson's was selling it at cost) you also get a $150 Lowrance rebate. So it ends up being $850.00 Impossible to beat. I coupled it with an HDS7, doing so got another $150 Lowrance rebate for the head unit, so the package came to $1600 prior to adding the maps at a show price of $225.

Its been a boaty month for me but I'm doing good on savings!

Cheers

Back