Victoria Waterfront

• Thread starter Thread starter RVN10
  • Start date Start date
R

RVN10

about to head out off the waterfront one night this week and was wondering what is going on down their, where has the most sucess been? breakwater? brotchie ledge? tide lines? if anoyone has been out and wants to share i would really appreciate it

thanks
RVN

i waiting to go out their when the weather gets better, its always blowing or swells. wednesday seems to be one of the days that it is not windy. but in the morning seems to have little wind and is good fishing then. i heard of a 20lber caught off by brotchie and took about 40mins to reel in. I like brotchie but keep a eye on the sounder... its a ledge for a reason.

try fishing 10ish feet off the bottom in 80 or less feet of water. i think the sockeyes are out their. toss out a small pink hootchie with all but 2 tenticles pulled off. its better to come back with a sockeye then with nothing. I havnt tryed for them yet but i will. its this weather! in the morning its idea weather.... sunny, no wind, and its morning when most fish are caught but in the afternoon the wind picks up or the swells start rolling. wednesday and thurday and saturday seem to be the best days when the weather is good. but some weeks it blows all day for the whole week. hopefully we should be getting some summer weather and some summer springs.

Not much going on for the last few trips i have made.
i think the harbor mouth and breakwater are your best bet this
time of year. Bait seems to be the preference.

nice one!! wasnt sure if the sockeyes were up for keeping. that saved my butt, now i wont get a fine and get to keep my gear thanks man

Hmm it seems that oak bay fishing is atchually picking up. one guy got 4 spring 15-20' off the bottom using a 4" army truck Coyotes, purple haze hootchie, tiny teaser and a anchovie(use bait when the dogfish arnt around otherwise your just feeding them i know that the fish were decent one was around 14lbs. another guy got 5 of them 11-16 lbs... any one else heard or caught anything around victoria?

The guy who got 5, is a old time Oakbay charter guide
who has been fishing that area for a long, long time.
talk to the average weekender that fishes the same area
and they will tell you it's pretty scratchy .... :(

now that's interesting, we had all but given up on 10 mile
which used to be a good summer fishery only a few years back...
trolled and jigged some nice springs out of that spot.

i like fishing off 10mile point (casting off the rocks) i caught a 22lber there last year on a buzzie. at first i thought i was snagged on the rocks and was trying to unhook it by pulling but i was really setting the hook on the fish. then it peeled off line and streaked along the surface. that was the cast that i counted how far my lure sank in seconds (13 seconds down), pulled 5 feet up on my line let it sank for 2.5 seconds, pulled again,ect untill i got close to the rocks and most people would start reeling in my line. but i didnt i kept on jiggiing till the lure was about 50 feet down and about 5 feet off the rocks ( thats where u get the fish) and bam a salmon was on my line.

Back