Update: My new career in the marine industry!!!

MyEscape

Due to the amazing amount of possitive and supportive posts I recieved when I originaly posted this thread: One of the best days of my life. I thought I would give you all a quick update. First of all thanks everyone for being so supportive. I must say I was a little blown away when I first started my new career, but everyday I am learning something new. Some days I suffer from brain over load but I love it. Every morning I can't wait to go to work because it doesn't feel like a job. I have helped a few new boat owners customize there boats with all the latest sports fishing equipment including prawn pullers, downriggers, electronics and more. I have already paticipated in a number of sales of Vessels over 20' which we will start construction of very soon. Best part is I work with a fantastic group that is always willing to help you.

So time to get to the point here's how I spent day 19 at my new career. I show up for work @ 8 am and the boss says your going out today. I said where. Taking the 32' Cruiser out for it's first ever sea trials and we need a deck hand so go help get it ready the boat hauler will be here in 10 minutes.I didn't know what to say but OKAY!!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/KLench/32WaterTrials2.jpg

We have to run it through many different run ups and water tests. :D

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/KLench/32WaterTrials3.jpg

This 32' Cruiser even has a bow thruster.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/KLench/32WaterTrials.jpg

This 32' has a Single D6 Diesel & Cruises @ 28 knots with a top speed of over 33.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/KLench/32CruiserInside.jpg

Here's a pic of the inside.

What a day, first time this Vessel has been on the water and everything went perfect. Was blown away that a diesel aluminum boat could be so quiet even @ 33 knots with some chop on the water. Words cannot express how I felt today.

I am being trained to do, both first ever and client sea trials on all the different styles of vessels we build. I know it's a hard job but someone has to do it.

Cheers ME

Congrats on the new job!! I was meaning to ask you what you did since you kept eluding to a new carreer in the fishing industry. It doesn't look like you'll be getting bored any time soon!
At the risk of putting a plug in for your employer, which boat building outfit is it that your working for?

Hi.Escape, i saw your company at the seattle boat show. I think it was your'e first week.I asked if the new guy they hired was here.They are very nice inside.i'm going to need a bigger boat,I retire in less than a year.Need a large fuel tank.lol.

thanks the runt

Hi low B C

My Excape ,Tried to E mail you eairlyer, had a lot of >:_)(*&^%^
with my P C though I do not know if I am getting out tried this site and every thing ok now Hope you had a nice boat ride, out here we still have hard water only good thing about it is you do not have to use your boat trailer you just have to hook a rope to the frount of your boat from your skidoo and go only trouble is when you get out on the lake you have to work like %$#%$$#@ to get a big enough hole to get the boat in ANY way I am sending you a Letter by snail mail telling you exactly what I want , I do not need some of the gear that you do on the cost fo saltwater PS you said that you were going to send me a E mail with some pics of a new boat 24 footer your co. was
making never got any thing ? would like to see befor I mail my letter
HAVE A GOOD DAY HOPE YOU DID NOT SUFFER FROM TO MUCH BRAIN DRAIN TO DAY ON THAT BOAT RIDE LATTER PRAIRIE DOG

congrats, man that looks hard[:p] you should ask to test out the downriggers lol.

congrats, man that looks hard[:p] you should ask to test out the downriggers lol.

Fishing Guy drop by say and say Hi! I really enjoy my work and should be present at all the shows this year, Seattle, Vancouver and Abbotsford. I invite anyone coming through Campbell River to drop by Daigle Welding and Marine builders of EagleCraft and I will give you a personal tour.

Almost built is our all new 24' Walk Through Windshield Soft Top. It's 24' by 9'6" beam 20 with a constant dead rise. Researched and custom designed for the west coast to provide a great all weather boat that will provide great comfort in big seas and also great stability for those who like to mooch, hali or bottom fish.

Cheers ME

Fishing Guy drop by say and say Hi! I really enjoy my work and should be present at all the shows this year, Seattle, Vancouver and Abbotsford. I invite anyone coming through Campbell River to drop by Daigle Welding and Marine builders of EagleCraft and I will give you a personal tour.

Almost built is our all new 24' Walk Through Windshield Soft Top. It's 24' by 9'6" beam 20 with a constant dead rise. Researched and custom designed for the west coast to provide a great all weather boat that will provide great comfort in big seas and also great stability for those who like to mooch, hali or bottom fish.

Cheers ME

I am also in the same industry selling super yachts in Asia. I had for the past 4 years involved with sales on makes including Ferretti, Hatteras, Bertram, and princess. Boy, Sea trials are the funnest part of the job next to the handsome rewards on commissions earned if one gets sold... One of our last customer whom had bought a Ferretti off us had a complaint on the shower head (not attractive enough, stainless steel), so he upgraded to a gold plated shower head for only $US 9,800... Boy, can you imagine what the boat would cost and the kind of commissions you can earn from this??? Well, MyEscape... I can't agree with you more... It is for sure an all around best enjoyable job anyone can have... Best to your career and hope to meet up with you some days to do some shop talks...

Jeff

I am also in the same industry selling super yachts in Asia. I had for the past 4 years involved with sales on makes including Ferretti, Hatteras, Bertram, and princess. Boy, Sea trials are the funnest part of the job next to the handsome rewards on commissions earned if one gets sold... One of our last customer whom had bought a Ferretti off us had a complaint on the shower head (not attractive enough, stainless steel), so he upgraded to a gold plated shower head for only $US 9,800... Boy, can you imagine what the boat would cost and the kind of commissions you can earn from this??? Well, MyEscape... I can't agree with you more... It is for sure an all around best enjoyable job anyone can have... Best to your career and hope to meet up with you some days to do some shop talks...

Jeff

Back