Unlikely in Georgia staight?

Fried tongue and britches were the best part. Can't say I've ever had deep fried cod's head though. I've had them stewed, baked and in a hash. Gong Show,,,when and what boat were you on when you had the Newfie crew?

Fried tongue and britches were the best part. Can't say I've ever had deep fried cod's head though. I've had them stewed, baked and in a hash. Gong Show,,,when and what boat were you on when you had the Newfie crew?
I haven’t had britches since I was a kid, gotta be 30 years. I don’t even know what part of the fish they came from. . Delicious though

My Dad loved those things but I just couldn't stomach eating them. GROSS!!!!

When I was transitioning out of gillnetting, I went out as an at-sea-observer for a year.
I had a lot of fun, Archipelago hated me, it was all good.
The Newf crew was aboard the Westerly.
I did a number of trips aboard and learned about such delicacies as salt pork or beef with cabbage, roast bologna with pineapple rings and texas toast with two inches of Cheez Whiz on it.
The texas toast and cheez whiz was actually eaten to prevent us taking a crap, the previous observer had burned out the macerator pump in the head by attempting to flush a feminine hygiene product, a new macerating pump was on order, but did not make it before our trip.
There was a whole community of newfoundlanders living at the trailer park in Port Hardy back in those days. Good times!!

When I was transitioning out of gillnetting, I went out as an at-sea-observer for a year.
I had a lot of fun, Archipelago hated me, it was all good.
The Newf crew was aboard the Westerly.
I did a number of trips aboard and learned about such delicacies as salt pork or beef with cabbage, roast bologna with pineapple rings and texas toast with two inches of Cheez Whiz on it.
The texas toast and cheez whiz was actually eaten to prevent us taking a crap, the previous observer had burned out the macerator pump in the head by attempting to flush a feminine hygiene product, a new macerating pump was on order, but did not make it before our trip.
There was a whole community of newfoundlanders living at the trailer park in Port Hardy back in those days. Good times!!
Ha Ha Delicacies indeed. I fished on the Sunnfjord out of Prince Rupert in 79/80. I was the only Newf on her at the time. The crew laughed at me when I cut out and cooked up a bunch and cod tongues and britches (roe). After they tried them I couldn't get them out of the pan fast enough. I give them credit for giving it a go. Texas toast and 2" Cheese Whiz is a new one to me but I'm always open for new Newfie recipes. LOL

Back