Trying to Find a 10K Seaworthy Boat

I just picked up a 79 24' campion haida command bridge sedan for 5, 000 from bellingham, on a trailer, with a low hour volvo 350 and 280 leg, along witha mint merc 4 stroke 9.9 long shaft. Came with chart plotter, radar, radios, sounder and Lots of free advice from the old owner. I think it was on Craigslist for 2-3 hours before we see it and snapped it up quick. The deals are out there, just need to be quick and decisive. Ended up selling the trailer so I'm only into it for 2800 now lol.

I just picked up a 79 24' campion haida command bridge sedan for 5, 000 from bellingham, on a trailer, with a low hour volvo 350 and 280 leg, along witha mint merc 4 stroke 9.9 long shaft. Came with chart plotter, radar, radios, sounder and Lots of free advice from the old owner. I think it was on Craigslist for 2-3 hours before we see it and snapped it up quick. The deals are out there, just need to be quick and decisive. Ended up selling the trailer so I'm only into it for 2800 now lol.

WOW, sounds like a deal. Any photos for us?

cymru -- what do you want to do with the boat? All 3 of those boats will be very seaworthy, but all 3 are very different designs. The Searay is a good cruising family boat, but not the most ideal fishing boat (but will work in a compromise). The Skipjack is a good heavy boat meant for offshore fishing. The DE is a bit lighter, good for inshore fishing and can venture offshore if the forecast is decent.

cymru -- what do you want to do with the boat? All 3 of those boats will be very seaworthy, but all 3 are very different designs. The Searay is a good cruising family boat, but not the most ideal fishing boat (but will work in a compromise). The Skipjack is a good heavy boat meant for offshore fishing. The DE is a bit lighter, good for inshore fishing and can venture offshore if the forecast is decent.

The most important is heavy/offshore, secondly family and fishing. I want to cruise up and down the pacific NW and occasionally fish.

Back