Trophy pricing

I am interested in a trophy 2502. Like the layout and looks. I am a mercury fan and an optimax fan. What is everyone’s take on price?
The optibombs imo are scary (depends on if they have service records for those units which I doubt)… I dunno if that unit is worth that much considering most would repower right away. I would say it’s a 45k boat not 65k…

The optibombs imo are scary (depends on if they have service records for those units which I doubt)… I dunno if that unit is worth that much considering most would repower right away. I would say it’s a 45k boat not 65k…
Optimax really do not scare me. It was the 2001 200/225 were the bombs. After 2002 they were reliable Thanks for the pricing though. Sounds better considering no trailer.

I am interested in a trophy 2502. Like the layout and looks. I am a mercury fan and an optimax fan. What is everyone’s take on price?
Lot of boat for under 70k A new trailer for it will be about 14, you should have one with EOH. Not familiar with the electronics package but if it all works and has good chip in it, it would be expensive to replace, I’m not a fan of electronics being that old but someone who know the brand can comment on longevity.

Good you like the engines the mercs from year 2000 I have the same feelings as @kingblazer84 but regardless of the maintenance. Any 15 year old engine can be a surprise so as long as you discount and budget for 40-50k for replacements, you’ll be fine. If you are like my three buddies you may be shocked when you the same or more than you bought it for put backing into it again within 12 months. My brother was the only exception sold his merc 2 stroke 150, 5 years ago now.

Has trim tabs but can’t see heat, or a windlass. Looks like a porta potty? but a head with holding tank and macerator would be nice and up the value even if you don’t use it. Same with the fish holds/live well?

Mostly you are buying a nice big hardtop hull and a boat that would be 200k? new if a similar one was built in 2021. Would be a wicked tuna boat.

if you get it for 55 you still need tax, trailer so, 75k, with 17 year old power and electronics. The two Parker’s listed look a little better at that price but this is a bigger boat if you like that. I’m with kingblazer, maybe wait and see if it hangs around because of the mercs and see if you can grab it for closer to 50.

Lot of boat for under 70k A new trailer for it will be about 14, you should have one with EOH. Not familiar with the electronics package but if it all works and has good chip in it, it would be expensive to replace, I’m not a fan of electronics being that old but someone who know the brand can comment on longevity.

Good you like the engines the mercs from year 2000 I have the same feelings as @kingblazer84 but regardless of the maintenance. Any 15 year old engine can be a surprise so as long as you discount and budget for 40-50k for replacements, you’ll be fine. If you are like my three buddies you may be shocked when you the same or more than you bought it for put backing into it again within 12 months. My brother was the only exception sold his merc 2 stroke 150, 5 years ago now.

Has trim tabs but can’t see heat, or a windlass. Looks like a porta potty? but a head with holding tank and macerator would be nice and up the value even if you don’t use it. Same with the fish holds/live well?

Mostly you are buying a nice big hardtop hull and a boat that would be 200k? new if a similar one was built in 2021. Would be a wicked tuna boat.

if you get it for 55 you still need tax, trailer so, 75k, with 17 year old power and electronics. The two Parker’s listed look a little better at that price but this is a bigger boat if you like that. I’m with kingblazer, maybe wait and see if it hangs around because of the mercs and see if you can grab it for closer to 50.
I know it sucks the motors are old. My hourston has 2020 power on it and a repower is 40k plus. No way that boat will ever be worth 100k. Just getting others perspective

I know it sucks the motors are old. My hourston has 2020 power on it and a repower is 40k plus. No way that boat will ever be worth 100k. Just getting others perspective
I was just purvin on your pic! I would stick with yours, faster likely burns 1/2 the gas? Looks like a wicked boat. Buy a bell and Whistle for your boat, and wait til you can find a private deal with newer power or someone looking to trade down, it happens!

I was just purvin on your pic! I would stick with yours, faster likely burns 1/2 the gas? Looks like a wicked boat. Buy a bell and Whistle for your boat, and wait til you can find a private deal with newer power or someone looking to trade down, it happens!
Mine is great. New floors,stringers,transom, motors….Just want a bit more room. Always liked the trophy layout but yeah 65kis crazy. Dam 2-footitis

That 2502 is my neighbor at Telegraph Cove, I can tell you that you'll be hard pressed to find a cleaner one. I'm not sure of the hours but there can't be much. He getting a new North River put together so that the reason it's at Port

I've fished Haida Gwaii several times out of a Trophy 25 of same vintage, repowered with 300 Verado. Nice smooth riding hull but there's a price to be paid. The helm at midships gives a quiet ride and a generous sized cuddy, but pretty skimpy dance floor for a 25 foot rig. Skipper plus 3 passengers is max and you have to shuffle around a lot to avoid crowding when fighting or landing a fish. Seems like a lot of wasted space for a fishing design, I guess they didn't have BC type fishing in mind.

Last edited:
Going to keep looking. Ultimate boat is a sea sport 24 explorer. Might need to add in a lot more money
Make sure you Sea-Trial the Sea Sport before you buy it in rougher water, any boat for that matter.
Personally I think the Osprey/Sea Sport / Orca are the roughest/worst riding boats I have ever been in.

Back