Transducer on a Lifetimer

Laxputs

1996 Lifetimer welded aluminum boat. I bought this boat used. In the centre of the hull is what you see below, a type of in-hull or through-hull transducer setup. On the hull's underside (waterside) I don't see a transducer, just a 12" long panel with 2 bolts. How does it work? Is it shooting through the aluminum? It was hooked up to a Lowrance unit and it worked but years ago I disconnected it and installed a new Raymarine with a transom mount. I'd much rather go back to this hull mount. Will this cable be compatible? Any thoughts? Thanks.
img_4197_01dd7babaacb510adc41f0707c4c951192c3de4c.jpg
IMG_4197.jpg

Last edited:
unless your hands on with doing soldering and new connections ..... also not sure the Raymarine will talk to the lowrance or Airmar do you know the model No of the transducer as it could be an Airmar mite be easyier to run another lowrance head unit see if it still powers up whats the connection pin out end on it .... ??? more pics help and gets actual size and compair it to spec's out there

I appreciate the reply. I can't see the transducer so unsure of model. Unfortunately I cut the wire when I removed the old unit years ago...

I think those two bolts go through the hull, so I'd be nervous to unbolt them.

Can you tell me what I'm looking at? On the bottom of the hull I just see a flat panel, not an obvious transducer head... Is the panel not metal? Or how does this work? Thanks for any thoughts.

Someone welded a pocket for a pocket mount transducer. It's probly just a 600 watt transducer. Would be my guess Which will work on any machine that does standard sonar. Can cut and splice the wire for whatever system you have.

So unfortunately I cut the cable years ago and so no longer have the male end. The cable looks quite involved, multiple little wires. Can it be spliced? Or should I figure out how to take that transducer out of there and swap in a new one? Thanks for the identification--I'd never heard of a "pocket mount transducer".IMG_4240.jpg

you need to figure out the spec of the transducer make and model get its wiring dia and then do the same for your head unit usually in the main manual then get yourself a good SP-7 in line waterproof connector.... pic for reference but get a 7 pin
51sFRBucUtL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Thanks again wildthing. The thing is, years ago when I bought the used boat I got rid of the sonar display/main head unit. So I have the original (unidentified) transducer all siliconed into the pocket mount, and the cut Airmar cable. Are you saying that even though the cable is comprised of several individual wires I should be able to plug that into an SP-7 connector? Then find a compatible and new sonar unit? Thanks.

more than likely yes your basically just making up a bare wire connection the transducer you have is prob a 50/200 most of the diagrams can be found on the Airmar archives website ....... if you find out the pin outs for the raymarine then the old transducer what i suggest is get another bare wire connection cable for the raymarine and just temp use a terminal block to see if you can get any reading from the transducer you never know if its long since died ????? if you get it working then do the waterproof connection...

only other tip i can give you is go on the hull truth forum and post your pic of transducer and strip to show colour code of wires to see if some one can recognize it .....

Okay thanks for the help. The transducer was working when I foolishly cut the cable a decade ago. The sounder is Simrad EC 206 Echosounder from about 1996. And you're right, I found this: "The EC 206's transmitter is designed to match the following transducer: Combination of 50 khz/200 khz (standard EC 206 transducer) Simrad Model AM52S."

Sooo... I guess I'll google the Raymarine connection compatibility...

Back