Tofino in April

Well. Back from a day with Tonquin Charters. Weather cooperated. He sure knows how fish. Thanks @Aces for the recommendation. Fun day
I'm not in Tofino, and the guides mentioned are some of the best for sure. The thing about the early season is the fishing can be fantastic but I always say "the better the weather, the better the fishing"

I'm not in Tofino, and the guides mentioned are some of the best for sure. The thing about the early season is the fishing can be fantastic but I always say "the better the weather, the better the fishing"
Well said Ken, hopefully the weather is great in a few weeks when I'm there. I'll bring my Fathom again too ;)

For sure! Weather is Mother Nature’s best conservation tool

Had our charter yesterday with Kelly Aspinall from Charter Tofino. Three of us liimited out in Halibut, ling cod and prawns. We managed a few crabs as well. Experienced all 4 seasons on the water yesterday. Calm and sunny, breezy and cold, rain, hail and snow. It's not summer yet. When we got back to the dock it was 10 and sunny.
His boat, a Northwest with enclosed cabin and heater made it comfortable at all times. Great day and exactly what we were looking for. We got enough white meat to last the rest of the year.

Good trips for us last week; lots of white fish further north from Tofino however the salmon program was a bit scratchy. I let others from our crew go out last Saturday and they tried a number of inshore spots with limited results however when they got to Wilf they watched @kelly hammering a few springs. :)

Back