TKO Spoon update...

• Thread starter Thread starter DHA
  • Start date Start date
Those 3.0 and 4.0 Firecrackers are Winter Spring slayers....Looking at a Flat calm ocean today and thinking about it hard!!
Thanks for the good news Rob

It took me exactly 3 minutes to hook my first fish on the green TKO spoon on Constance the other day when fishing was very slow. I am a fan for sure. I fished it on 30 pound test but I think it might work even better on 20 pound test. Any comments?

...being a stainless steel blade is a plus also - give it a quick buff, Mmmm, good to go. :)

DHA.

Any chance to make it a little lighter? Saw the 6.0 prototype last night, seemed a bit heavy....maybe lighter material would make for better flutter of the spoon. Don't know as I haven't seen it in the water, so I could be wrong on the weight thing. Any thought about a 8.0 for pilchards?

@Searun,

Possibilities are endless, however pointless until I actually drag it through the water and approve or disapprove of what I see. I am looking for a certain action that when I have it, the spoon will get the green light and then hit production. The sample that you felt was from the short run, preproduction first test batch. I am developing a quality long lasting blade that can handle the rigors of commercial fishing, not simply just another sport spoon. The spoons that I have been developing hit both quality and strength demanded by the commercial industry. If I approve the action, then it will work for both sport and commercial applications. PNT supplies customers throughout North America... :)

DHA.

...I wasn't even thinking earlier this year when I had a couple of consumers complain about the shiny finish out of the pack. LOL they both said that the shiny finish is not holding up, I simply said give it back to me and I will give you a new one. Well, dude had three...i said hey man, no issue. The funny of it is, all we did was take a cloth and rub them up...then they were shiny - they are stainless after all LOL.

DHA.

Roger that, not trying to be critical or anything like that, just some first observations and "consumer" wants/needs. You know me, I LOVE to experiment with new stuff.

Back