TKO Spoon update...

• Thread starter Thread starter DHA
  • Start date Start date
D

DHA

TKO SPOON FINALIZED for 2012

A new size TKO spoon will be introduced in the 2012 season. The new size will be called 4.0 TKO, with sizing similar to that of a 4.0 Coyote and other branded flutter spoons, like OKI TITAN. The original TKO size which mimics the original size and dimensions of the third generation Krippled K spoon by Jim Gilbert, will now be labeled 3.0 TKO. We nixed the swivel and will only offer the spoons with welded jump rings and quality Mustad hooks.

Both spoon sizes will be available in 10 popular west coast fish catching colors. The TKO series of trolling spoons will continue being developed throughout the 2012 season while we test a third larger profile and more colors.

Happy fishing…
DHA.

Polaroid-2.jpg

Wow!!!

Didn't realize people still used polariod :o

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered by first batch of TKO's yesterday,
Damn now I'm gonna have to add some of those too:), can't wait for the launch
thanks for posting that Rob
Tim

@gidyup - no worries. I think that the last of the 2011 stock is now at the Parksville location, if they need it in Steveston, we'll get it over ASAP...but people can make a request and order to buy TKO's at their local tackle store. They are available to all retail stores from SeaPro Distribution. TKO spoons, just like the original Krippled K, are great lures for both fresh and saltwater fishing.

DHA.

@gidyup - no worries. I think that the last of the 2011 stock is now at the Parksville location, if they need it in Steveston, we'll get it over ASAP...but people can make a request and order to buy TKO's at their local tackle store. They are available to all retail stores from SeaPro Distribution. TKO spoons, just like the original Krippled K, are great lures for both fresh and saltwater fishing.

DHA.

Hey Rob , I already ordered them from the online store so I guess they'll just ship out of parksville then

@gidyup, I'll check into that today for you and send over a couple of CJ's for you to try.

DHA.

Awesome Rob, Really appreciate it. I'd love to give them a whirl over here,
thanks very much,
Tim

Pacific net and twine

Awesome Rob, Really appreciate it. I'd love to give them a whirl over here,
thanks very much,
Tim

Good news, your CJ's should be in Steveston tomorrow, and then they will send them with your TKO order. On a side note, we are moving forward with the third larger size TKO. I should have my samples out of the new tooling near the end of May, just in time to fish them hard over the 2012 season to ensure that they are swimming the way that I want them to. We are capping the sizing range to three, 3.0, 4.0, 6.0 and for now ten colors.

DHA.

Sounds great, can't wait
are those sizes actual in inches as well or just a modle number of sorts?

The signatory numbers are simply size identifiers. The 3.0 = 2 1/2 inch, 4.0 = 3 1/2 and the 6.0 will be 4 1/2 inches. Similar sizing to the Coyote spoons.

WP_000507.jpg

Just an observation, the swivel may not be necessary.
i usually cut off the swivel on the old KK spoons and tie directly to the ring.
the action on the spoon is improved.

There is no swivels available on the 2012 version, just solid welded jump rings on both ends and a Mustad hook.

DHA

I prefer the swivel on the hook end that way the fish can't twist the hook out.

There is no swivels available on the 2012 version, just solid welded jump rings on both ends and a Mustad hook.

DHA

When I fished the sample, it fished best after I removed the swivel....really effective spoon!

Black/glow was hot in the spring testing awhile back. Wish I had a few up North last season.

Back