The Outpost at Winter Harbour - for sale

someone from offshore will buy it pronto, lol. that 15% foreign tax for metro van will push a lot of that money into our prime recreational properties at a much quick pace driving those prices outta the price range of even fairly well off locals. this one maybe a bit too far off but this tax is going to cause huge problems elsewhere. they should have done it for the whole province if they felt they had to do it. not a good move, they wanted to make vancouver a global city, and succeeded, now they don't like the result, lol. bit of rant from this move, lol.

I wish them well with the sale. We stopped in there last year and were very impressed with how friendly they were. Bought a couple of shirts and other stuff and had a good bs with the lady. I truly hope someone with some local knowledge buy's it and keeps it going. Cool place for sure.

We stay there every year, fished with them too before they sold the boats and guiding part of the business to Qualicum Rivers. Well run store with good comfortable accoms units. All the best for the future and we hope someone like minded takes it on.

We stay there every year, fished with them too before they sold the boats and guiding part of the business to Qualicum Rivers. Well run store with good comfortable accoms units. All the best for the future and we hope someone like minded takes it on.

They sold the guiding portion of the business? So if you were to buy it there wouldn't be a guiding component to your business?

was up there 4 years running and Greg was an excellent host and a great guy to fish with. Sad to see him sell it.

Went to school & grad with Greg:p could tell some stories but then I'm sure he could tell a couple about me..:cool: great guy ran a good operation :)

tough time to sell considering the FN want to have DFO shut down all Recreational Anglers ........ good luck to the sellers, sounds like they had a good thing going.

They sold the guiding portion of the business? So if you were to buy it there wouldn't be a guiding component to your business?
Correct, theboatrs and the guiding were sold to Qualicum Rivers Lodge two years ago. AFAIK the business consists of the store and the accoms units. Not sure if the dock ownership/revenue is part or not.

tough time to sell considering the FN want to have DFO shut down all Recreational Anglers ........ good luck to the sellers, sounds like they had a good thing going.

The First Nation wanting to shut down recreational fishing isn't going to affect anything LOL.
Just like a bunch of six year old children crying in the corner and having a tantrum.
I don't know any First Nations who would associate with those guys. I know I would be ashamed

. Not sure if the dock ownership/revenue is part or not.

Certainly seems like it does if you look at the full business description on the link provided. Campground, Fuel dock, store, accoms, other property, foreshore leases and "1000 ft of moorage".

Back