Winter Harbour....... sad news

WCVI

Some very sad news to report from Winter Harbour.

Marina Mike is gone.
He drowned in a diving accident while helping a friend.

Mike Cormier ran the Winter Harbour Marina & RV for over 10 years and
I know a lot of you on here knew him. I don’t have to explain to you how great he was.

Happened about 10 days ago and his East Coast family has been here tidying up loose ends.
They just left and I can now bring myself to pass this tragic news along.
We had a great Celebration of Life for Mike last Thursday around the fire pit at the Marina.

Mike did so much good here that I will be looking for a way to honour him into the future.
Perhaps a Chinook Enhancement Fund to support the hatcheries.
I’ll keep you posted and would welcome any ideas.
I think Mike would like that......
Tears in my eyes,
Wayne

Aw crap. I've stayed at the marina a couple times, Mike was the best. Damn, very sorry to hear this.

Mike always took great care of us over the years, when we stayed there, he will be greatly missed.
Stefano

Sad news.
We frequently stopped in when fishing up that way.
He was always a friendly fellow.

Condolences to his Family & Friends.

Sadly,
Matt

So Sad to hear this;

Mike was such a great guy,,, My Father, Friend and I make a yearly trip to WH, Mike & Patti were always the first to Welcome us! Mike was always there to lend a hand or a tool, and was constantly improving the Resort! It was always cool to see the ways he improved the grounds/dock each year..
Speaking for the three of us, we certainly appreciated their Hospitality over the years,

He will be missed!

The Winni Gang

condolences to the family Wayne, can tell by your description of Marina Mike and the others that have replied that the community has indeed lost a good person....
life is short, make everyday count...
take care Wayne and friends

Back