Telegraph Cove

Tailspin

Has anyone been to Alder bay resort/campground before? A friend of the family owns the resort but the fishing area has limmited info.
Looks like a good base camp to explore from. I know there are some good hali holes in Port Macneil so im optomistic!

Was there several years ago now when they had just opened , was adequate camping and rest room facilities good wide boat launch and there was good access to fishing spots everywhere , the only drawback was that if the NW winds came up the docks took a hell of a pounding ,we pulled our boat twice in 5 days due to the wave action .

AL

I agree with Alley Cat. It's a nice place to stay, you can even get a site right down by the water. However, your boat can take a beating down at the dock. Make sure your boat is tied up real good and secure, with lots of big bumpers.

I'm planning on going back up that way in the beginning of June to try for some Hali. This time around I'm going to stay at Telegraph Cove partly because of their nice sheltered marina. I didn't spend much time bottom fishing my last time up there, so I'm not the one to ask for advice. Maybe some of the experts on the board can help out with that.

It,s a great place to base from, book early, limited dock space. You can also try the camp ground right in Telegraph Cove if they,re booked.

Thanks for the info guys,How much of a run is Grizz viewing Country? thinking of a family camping/fishing and just exploring places like Sointula, Alert bay for just a fun r&r trip with the lil nephews rather than a Uclulet Offshore powerfish with the boyz. Winter Harbour or Nootka is on the hit list for the Boyz trip this coming summer.

Cheers

Maddog all you need to do is call me and I can tell you every thing you want to know thats my backyard as you know did you forget?????

Wolf

Back