Teaser head color vs colored brine

ChilliSpoons

How much value do you put into the color of your teaser heads? Or would you rather run a dyed brine on your bait?

The right roll and just getting it in front of them is the most important. I've tried most of the brines and can't say they were any better than good old rock salt.
^Last year in Bamfield we spent one whole afternoon changing out teaser heads due to damage almost every fish and of course they were several different colours with some glow and some not. We only salt our chovies as well and it didn’t seem to make any difference.

^Last year in Bamfield we spent one whole afternoon changing out teaser heads due to damage almost every fish and of course they were several different colours with some glow and some not. We only salt our chovies as well and it didn’t seem to make any difference.
You know they are hitting good when they are breaking the teaser heads

Also..... personally i hate that dye, makes a real mess

You know they are hitting good when they are breaking the teaser heads

Also..... personally i hate that dye, makes a real mess
Yup, two broken teaser heads but most were changed because of frayed line by the hooks or a missing trailer hook from the fight. The first one we didn't check in a hurry to get the lines down resulted in a lost slab that added insult to injury by leaping out of the water right behind the boat to display its full dimensions.😳
I've never had another day like it; I can usually fish most of the day with the same rigged teaser head.

You can do both obviously. I like to keep my anchovies looking a natural silver color, maybe add a few drops of blue food coloring to my salt to brighten them up if needed. IMO the color of the teaser head is more important. Chrome/gold patterns for sunny days, UV for cloudy days and glow patterns for fishing over 90 feet is what I do. Always has worked well. for me.

In the tackle game the best head is the one everyone is using. But like Tom Davis told me many, many years ago, his favorite at the time was clear, as it offered an all natural look, his second was the transparent green. I only used clear back in the day. To be honest so many colors do Work, but like plugs and other gear, pay attention to both light condition and water tones. If you are in the deep, then glows will help. Just a few thoughts.

I don’t pay much attention to it but we were outfished in rivers inlet by at least one boat using coloured brine, after 20ish hour of only catching one small spring and a pink you question all of life’s choices.
That's the place you go to be willingly humbled

EVERY advantage helps I use a few drops of blue whiting dye, as it helps a lot in giving it a bit of brightness. if you get results why not, I think I do a good job of getting them, works for me so ill stick to what I know works...

Good luck Wolf

Back