Spartan Boats 215 Athens at Cabelas

Aquaholic

Crew Member
I believe there was a thread recently, not sure if it was on this 215 Athens Hull. I crawled all over it today, there is a lot of boat for the sale price of $87,597.
3/16 bottom, 1/8 continuous side, 1/4 transom and 18 degree deadrise. 102" wide and it shows, the dance floor was really large for this length of boat, had high gunnels too. Lots of stand up headroom inside. 250 HP Merc is definitely enough power. Disc bakes on the tandem axel trailer. I think this is a deal for someone looking, especially with what boats are selling for today. It is a 2019 model, prices go back up on Monday.

Spartan 2.jpgSpartan 1.jpgF372B414-FF02-45DB-A724-3657518360B6.jpeg54F49304-35A0-43E5-8355-6A9BDDE0BBB3.jpeg9CD058F0-3D63-472B-AB21-5EF3017D804A.jpeg884E542C-7168-4C48-98D3-D6D53147F48B.jpeg060E7233-1BEE-406D-907A-C0CCAC22F5F6.jpegCAF9B750-6863-48A2-B637-2078EE82F438.jpegC4349D8A-DBFD-497D-84DC-9F72EC8AA041.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like a pounder but I guess that's part of owning a tin can.
As always a smart guy. Wow. If you do not like them then you can just not chime in or are you that guy that knows everything and has to make sure we all know it?
thanks for posting, I never get to the store that sells them and as a TJ owner it’s cool to see the similarities and differences.

Looks like a pounder but I guess that's part of owning a tin can.
Just a fact of life when it comes to the light weight aluminum boats it seems.A friend asked me to show him how to halibut fish and anchor out of his shiny new last year Thunderjet 18 ext.Beautiful boat inside with tons of room inside,storage etc.,but the ride was tooth rattling and the wettest boat I've ever experienced.The water sprayed well over the windshield,and roof and it wasn't real rough.Fantastic boat for all kinds of other reasons,but they pound.

I would love a boat like that, the only things that concerns me though are 1) tongue weight on my hitch mount with all that weight hanging off the stern and 2) Forgetting to hang a red flag or light off the engine when travelling, it has to be at least 2 metres away from the lights

I would love a boat like that, the only things that concerns me though are 1) tongue weight on my hitch mount with all that weight hanging off the stern and 2) Forgetting to hang a red flag or light off the engine when travelling, it has to be at least 2 metres away from the lights
Tongue weight is adjustable.

Just a fact of life when it comes to the light weight aluminum boats it seems.A friend asked me to show him how to halibut fish and anchor out of his shiny new last year Thunderjet 18 ext.Beautiful boat inside with tons of room inside,storage etc.,but the ride was tooth rattling and the wettest boat I've ever experienced.The water sprayed well over the windshield,and roof and it wasn't real rough.Fantastic boat for all kinds of other reasons,but they pound.
Why do you think they pound? Hull design? Forward seating? The jury would have to be out on this particular hull unless you’ve been in one. If you are out at Cabelas Tsawwassen this weekend, get the salesperson to move the ladder over and check it out.

Last edited:
For me living in the kootenay’s on a 300 km reservoir and many others around with only 2-3 trips to the ocean a year these SUV type boats are great, do most things well. Is it the perfect boat? None of the boats I have owned were perfect, miss things about them all. But-if camping on beaches with the grandkids and fishing with my buds or a nice sunset bbq with my better 3/4 is what I like to do then so far this TJ is doing great. Sure I go a little slower in the chop, just more time on the amazing ocean. I do love the fuel it sips compared to my Trophy and running up on beaches and towing is awesome.
everyone has their own needs and requirements but so far no regrets on my purchase. Someone is going to love that boat and make memories that last a lifetime.

Back