SOOKE REPORT OCTOBER 2006

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

Fished whirl bay, missed a few. Went to the Bluffs, got a small winter spring anda 53 pound hali sideways on a hoochie near the bluffs!:D
Wow.... We were hoping to pick up 1 of those yesterday when we were out[8D]

Jason

Nice Fish. Do you guide out of Renfrew Last Chance? What is the word on the Coho, Did any start to show?

quote:Originally posted by walter

Nice Fish. Do you guide out of Renfrew Last Chance? What is the word on the Coho, Did any start to show?

I do, but left on Derby day. A friend of mine lives up there, last report as of a week ago was spotty. If course, looking out my window at the rain this morning, I'll betcha they are going to frieght-train it towards the San Juan river now. It was a good rain like this that brought a huge run by Port San Juan when I was fishing there on Sept 18, myself and a few other boats could do no wrong and cleaned house, then, it was scratchy again the next day.

you dont want to go to renny today, even if you could, my g/f lives up island road and was going to come in today but no luck, her house sits about 6ft off the ground and water was starting to come in, it is not unusal for them to get a ft or two in the front yard but this is one of those freak things, 11.8 high tide mixed with all that runoff, she was lucky the only other people that live down that road just got a jet sled this summer so when they finally had enough as water was coming in on them , they picked her up on her way out, i had a import camper i picked up for free sitting in her front yard, well lets just say its on its way to japan[V] , not much fun out there right now, just some usless info way off topic;)
dohboy

Thanks for that Last Chance, weird season hey. Sorry to hijack alley cat but i was wondering if they came in from a real guides perspective who fishes Renny dailey, all season.

Fished Sooke today from 1130 till 300pm. Wood everywhere! Be carefull there are deadheads, stumps, branches, sticks, buckets, u name it! Fishing was good for us, three other boats out and only saw one fish landed by a guy in a hurston. Debris was all the from sunny shores to otter. Made for a interesting day. Landed one about 4lbs, one 7lbs and one 11 lbs. Missed two hits. Not a bad day on the water though first winter trip. Saw a two coho jump, brought the gear up to 50 feet but nothing. Couldn't believe there were coho out there I was really surprised. They were right on the tideline near all the debris.

Dohboy, your camper is still in the neighborhood. I was looking at the pictures my in-laws took yesterday when they went to collect their 5th wheel from your girlfriend's rescuers' front yard. On the way down Island Road they took a picture of an import camper, sitting at the side of the road.

tks paul, i found out the next morning, but i think it is a little water logged and by the time they get it out of there, well who knows, they had it bad there, jen's house is over 5ft off the ground and the water still came inside about a ft, the camper is the least of everyones worries, they both have a big mess to clean up, and of course no insurance to cover it.
tks again for the info
dohboy

Water logged is right! The in-laws' 5th wheel is a write-off: they were quoted $24K to fix it, and that doesn't include all the wrecked stuff from the cupboards and storage areas.

Back