Sooke area Guides July ?

T

tomictime

Pls send PM's and of course opinions on who is good, couple of friends looking to put dad on a fish or two :)

is bananas passing on Renfrew this year???

Yes, no worries with those 3 (thats blue wolf if you looking for his site...) D&D also good with a nice boat if they are booked

A friend of mine asked that same question as we were not able to take him with us on our annual trip. I have fished Sooke for about 10 years and said to him you can't go wrong with Wolf. So he books a trip with Wolf and catches this 54 !@#$%n pound Chinook! Biggest we have caught in 10 years of fishing there is 34 pounds! I remember my friend said Wolf told him to look the other way as he netted it cause he said you don't want to see this fish if I loose it!
sookefishing2007.jpg

SR

NewBoat2-1.jpg

Well I wish it was a 54 lber but it was accually a 49.5 lbs because that was the true weight weighed it on 2 different scales it wasnt a 50 so I wont call it a 50 LOL I remember that day well as it was rainy and not nice and for the first time someone(randy) who is bigger than me on the boat. I do have more pics of that fish it was truely a beauty.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Not sure where Randy got the 54 from then. Still 49.5lbs!
Beautiful fish. Is that the biggest you have caught in Sooke?
SR

NewBoat2-1.jpg

Well you know some fisherman lie LOL LOL
That is my biggest so far to date but had one about 18 years ago which at the time they had that export A fishing derby and I had a 48 lber that got beat on the last day by someone in renfrew with one bigger.

Me personally have never gotten a one over 50 closest is on a day off up in knights inlet with a 49 lber on a luckie louie plug with my boss at the time and as soon as we hooked it he turned the engine off and made me battle it for close to 45 mins.

Sooke I have gotten about 10 over 40 with this one last year at 44 lbs
44lbmazelsfishsooke.jpg

To get the big ones it is hard but when your on the water everyday it increases your odds for sure there are a lot of great fisherman in sooke I am only one guy that does do alright there are a few that are good as well.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

thanks guys, including the North end experts :) I will get thru all the e-mails and get them to bud who will make a few calls. Nice to see the pics and see your websites - it's clear you are good at what you do ! :)

Jim

Back