Shimano Technium or Gibbs highliner 10’-6” medium for coho

Marley

Hi guys

I am looking to pick up another mooching rod for coho. 10’-6” medium. Currently have an Okuma I like but can’t find any in stock.

Thoughts on the above rod choices?

T
Hi guys

I am looking to pick up another mooching rod for coho. 10’-6” medium. Currently have an Okuma I like but can’t find any in stock.

Thoughts on the above rod choices?
Technium , great rods for the price . Stay away from Gibbs products , that goes from spoons to rods .

I'd definitely go technuim, the spoons, although made in China, are really thin and light and seems to flutter a bit more than the competition. I occasionally use them but prefer my tackle to be Canadian or American made.

I have a Technium and like it, but have to say that I'm loving my new West Coast Fishing Tackle Tyee Series 10'6" moocher. Don't think I'll buy another downrigger rod that doesn't have a carbon butt. So easy to get out of the rod holder when the pressure is on.

I have a Technium and like it, but have to say that I'm loving my new West Coast Fishing Tackle Tyee Series 10'6" moocher. Don't think I'll buy another downrigger rod that doesn't have a carbon butt. So easy to get out of the rod holder when the pressure is on.

How would you compare the action/feel of the 2?

Where do you shop? Think he picked his up on the island.
I have a gift certificate for Fred’s. I am going to call tomorrow and see about an Okuma. They had both the other rods I mention in stock on their website.

I like the 10’-6” rod for playing the fish. We have another medium that has caught springs as bycatch and the 10’-6” was handy to have.

I was a bit worried about Gibbs. I have not been impressed with the quality of their spoons. Thanks for confirming.
the gibbs rod is an oem custom from okuma, i believe. it is really well done and has been proven to be reliable and enjoyable, it performs well.

the gibbs rod is an oem custom from okuma, i believe. it is really well done and has been proven to be reliable and enjoyable, it performs well.
Pacific Angler sells a custom Okuma with their name on it. I have two for chinook and really like them.

I think the West Coast Tackle rods are Okuma as well, they sure look like it.

Back