Scotty help

is there a place in Prince Rupert that does repairs to down riggers? Mine was working fine but then just quit. I did eliminate the boat side and know it’s the down rigger. Little out of my qualifications now.

Hey there, not to sure of a place in PR who does repairs but I'd give scotty plastics a call. They are super helpful, and maybe able to talk you through your issue or know of a repair place in PR. There toll free number is 1-800-214-0141

inline fuse? Battery connection? I just had a down rigger die while on the water. Pulled the plug all apart and it ended up being a corroded connection to the battery.

Anyone else had a Scotty just stop? I have the same problem with on of my downriggers, just stopped working overnight, worked great the day before. I did move my working downrigger to the side where the one that stopped was located and it worked fine so I know the boat side of things is working ok.

I've had my riggers for about 15 years and the only issues ive had with them stopping was either a blown fuse or the connection at the plug. Mine are the old style cigarette style plugs, and they tend to get corroded and green. A quick clean and back to fishing.

Anyone else had a Scotty just stop? I have the same problem with on of my downriggers, just stopped working overnight, worked great the day before. I did move my working downrigger to the side where the one that stopped was located and it worked fine so I know the boat side of things is working ok.
When it happened to me it was the switch. Scott sent me a new one.

Bought a new downrigger. Tried changing the cord end. Didn’t work. Sent this one a away and will now be a spare. Hard to lose a day when they are limited.

Back