satellite radio

• Thread starter Thread starter knucklebuster
  • Start date Start date
K

knucklebuster

Any one have satellite radio on your boat? If so, which one did you chose?

I use the Sirius system only because I use it in N. Alberta. I had problems with reception with XM up there.
I have one unit with one antenae on my truck and one I carry with me to use on other vehicles.

I have sirius and love it. I just have the basic $49.99 stratus head unit and move it from the truck to the boat takes less then 10 minutes. However I already have a stereo in the boat, So all I have to do is plug it into my cigarette 12 volt, stick the anttena on the bow and tune in to the fm frequency I have the stratus set to and presto sirius on the boat!

Cheers ME

We had XM and had reception problems on the coast.Switched to Sirius and it has been 100%.

I have Sirius, the Sportster Replay. Works great, can move between my house, truck and boat quickly. Love the ability to pause and build up 45 minutes of music and be able to skip songs.

By mistake I purchased 2 marine stereos off eBay in the last couple of weeks. I have one to sell if anyone is interested -- you can have it for what I paid $CDN130 MSRP is $249 -- it is brand new, still in the box - not opened. I was going to list it again on eBay.

marine grade AM/FM/CD with MP3 support
Front and Rear Aux input (to connect your Sirius or XM or iPod)
5.25" speakers (black) - marine grade
front splash cover
detachable face plate
wired remote
Pyle PLCD14MRKT

Back