Sandheads

LAKER666

Hi Gentlemen,

I was out the other day and saw a couple of boats buzz bombing...

Appreciate any feedback on results....
Is this an effective way to target Chinook late season?

Thank you in advance
šŸ˜Ž

Too much current to get any good vertical jigging IMO. Also, super busy spot with so many boats trolling in a small productive area. Why donā€™t you give it a shot and report back?

Too much current to get any good vertical jigging IMO. Also, super busy spot with so many boats trolling in a small productive area. Why donā€™t you give it a shot and report back?
I think I just might

Nothing beats the strike on a vertical jig.
Depth control is a big advantage.
And when it's choppy....
Almost auto jig...šŸ˜„

I saw 2 boats doing the same, one was in the middle of a steady tack line, the other was closer to the shallows by the green can where not many will troll.

There is a ā€œholeā€ just west of the Sandheads lightship that holds fish and usually not targeted by trollers because of nearby bottom structure.You might want to try there, after checking for crab trap floats, traffic. Itā€™s on the charts.

I think I just might

Nothing beats the strike on a vertical jig.
Depth control is a big advantage.
And when it's choppy....
Almost auto jig...šŸ˜„
Just do it with discretion. Couple of worthwhile locations mentioned by other posters. Out in the middle of the trolling path, not so good. Most success will be in shallowish water where wind and current have less time to drag you off vertical. You'll still want a largish jig weight for that quick drop.

Back