Sand Lance Spoon

Tried the sandlance spoon yesterday......

As in the pic I had a swivel up front and a swivel at the back......I think next time I will take the front swivel off and tie direct to ring.....

I might take the back swivel off too and put the hook on the ring as well..

Things are sort of slow in the area I fish right now..........I got an undersize on it and also the P-Cod loved it.......:cool:

I'm not done with it yet........

I think they will run better without a swivel up front. I fish a lot of Coho Killers and always tie direct to the welded ring. I tried a swivel up front once and the action just didn't look right in the water to me. Just my opinion of course. We've got an order of these Sand Lance spoons coming and I can't wait to use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Needed to take the boat out for the first run shakedown cruise. Figured I'd see what these things look like in the water.

I really like the way they wiggle.

Can't wait to try them on the right tide in the right place.

Hey Guys,

First off, thank you all for your support, feedback and reports. It has not been easy keeping up with the demand and dealing with all of the mailouts, so thanks for bearing with us.

I am happy to say that we will be switching from selling through email, to selling through Sitka.ca as of next week and through the Sitka Stores at 570 Yates Street Victoria, or 1864 W4th Ave Vancouver(as of tomorrow when I drop off some). There is limited stock at the Victoria store but by mid next week we should be in full swing at all locations. All orders that have been emailed in will still be filled at our kitchen table before switching to the online store.

For 2014 the organization of choice, The Pacific Salmon Foundation, will be receiving 10% of the sales from the lures!

I am very stoked that this dream has become a reality, that people are doing well with them and that we are going to raise a bunch of cash for conservation efforts.

Thanks and tight lines!!

AP

Andrew, I'm looking forward to getting mine and understand it's been a lot of effort for your wife to handle all the orders while simultaneously chasing around the young ones. She sounds like a great gal!

Andrew, I'm looking forward to getting mine and understand it's been a lot of effort for your wife to handle all the orders while simultaneously chasing around the young ones. She sounds like a great gal!

She is a keeper that's for sure!! Really it has been a full family effort to make this happen. I even had my parents doing split rings and eye balls around the table last night! My dad still can't stop talking about the fact that they caught 7 springs around Pender Harbour the other week and my 94 year old grandpa, and original teacher for tackle making, couldn't be more happy.

She is a keeper that's for sure!! Really it has been a full family effort to make this happen. I even had my parents doing split rings and eye balls around the table last night! My dad still can't stop talking about the fact that they caught 7 springs around Pender Harbour the other week and my 94 year old grandpa, and original teacher for tackle making, couldn't be more happy.

Awesome family effort Andrew. Thank you to all of you.

We got our order earlier in the week. They look great and I can't wait to take them for a troll!!!

Andrew, good on you for taking on this project. It's great hearing that your spoons are producing fish and many guys are more than happy to buy them off you. Your spoons may turn out to be "The Next Best Thing".

This is a great story about a local guy doing things the right way. I especially like hearing about your family getting involved, very cool indeed!!! Eventually I'll order a few of your spoons and paint them up my own custom way.

Best of luck to you and keep up the good work.

Cheers

Rigged with split ring up front, small swivel and rings out back with no 5 gamagatsu red octo hook with 6 foot leader the stainless sandlance was rolling real sexy behind the green onion flasher. Feisty 12 lb spring popped pin and made two screaming runs and two jumps airborne yesterday. It's going to be a good summer. Thanks Andrew!

Just got my oder of the spoons up here in Rupert and will be taking them out this weekend. Pass along my thanks to your wife Nancy for all her hard work and communication.

Back