Salmon Point Launch

seahorse

Crew Member
With the Comox Marina launch down this weekend due to nautical days, just wondering how the Salmon Point is these days to launch my 22ft Grady? It’s been a few years since I have launched there and it was my 542 Campion that last time, I seem to remember a tight entrance to that marina, thanks, Don

With the Comox Marina launch down this weekend due to nautical days, just wondering how the Salmon Point is these days to launch my 22ft Grady? It’s been a few years since I have launched there and it was my 542 Campion that last time, I seem to remember a tight entrance to that marina, thanks, Don
Salmon point has no dock beside the ramp so you pretty much have to drive off your trailer. It is a narrow entrance but not a problem above a 5 ft tide. They block the ramp below a 5 ft tide because they don't want trailers getting stuck over the lip of the ramp. Unlike Pacific playground they do own their own parking and have over flow parking which is relatively close. Your boat will be fine at salmon point on any tide above 5 ft. This weekend salmon point is the best bet-I have never seen P PLayground so chocked up as this weekend-it is the better ramp but a lost cause this weekend and I have a seasons pass there,

80% of those trailers have been sitting there since Friday. They must overnight somewhere over the weekend.

Back