salmon guide for family

• Thread starter Thread starter elkman
  • Start date Start date
E

elkman

Hello there, I am coming to the parksville area this August and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good guide for a young family to go out with? I was looking for someone who is safe, and with a comfortable boat to accomadate 4 plus the guide. My children are 7 and 9 and I would really like to get them on some fish! I've fished Kitimat but I am wondering what to expect around Parksville at this time of year? Cohos and Pinks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:D

Hang on!!! I have a feeling that this is goin to get VERY busy.
Fishing should be damn near fantastic at that time - Dean

Fishing around Parksville has been marginal for years now-if you want results hire a guide out of nearby Port Alberni-only an hour's drive away.
The Alberni Canal fishery should be heating up and results can be outstanding-always many times better than the inside.

The other side of the Island produces MUCH better than the Parksville side in August. You didn't mention exact timing, but August brings the tail of the sockeye run (early August) and later on the big springs (often with a handfull of coho for bycatch) to the Alberni Inlet. That area is well suited for taking children out in, as the Inlet is much like a large lake. And it's a reasonably short hop from Parksville.

I do run a charter service in the Inlet (and offshore, from Bamfield, Ucluelet and Port Alberni) with a well complimented Sea Ray of good size. And I do take quite a few family groups out each season. I am getting pretty well booked at this point, but do know most of the area's better guide's and can likley point you in the right direction.

Here's my site: http://members.shaw.ca/dreamweaversportsfishing/

Have a boo, and give me a buzz if you're interested. As I suggested, there are several other quality Guides here, many who can cater to exactly what you are looking for should the timing your thinking of already be spoken for in my case.

ENJOY your trip! Cool to see a fella taking the kids!! :D

Cheers,
Nog

Kelly - not so.

Hop in your boat and give it a go.

3 in the boat Saturday. 1 lost at the side.

Only got out for an hour on Sunday and had a beauty lost by the father in law.

All right in front of French Creek.

Fishing over here CAN be good.

Unfortunately it is hit or miss as the fish are small schools of migrating fish unlike the massive schools to be found on the outside or the inlet.

If chartering it's a much safer bet on the other side. And I've fished with Matt, you'll catch fish I suspect...

Thats good to hear! My boats not in until this weekend so i was sorta going off last year.Ill start a new post so we dont hijack this

Thanks for all the input:D I look forward to seeing you all out in the water.

Back