rupert in june

Fished bamfield Uke area my whole life but live up north now so I will be heading to Rupert around that time too.. hoping to find a 2nd boat to buddy boat but lots of time to figure that out. Thinking Lucy Islands for my first trip.. also anyone know where I can store my boat out that way? I live in PG so wanna go back and forth.. super excited to learn PR fishing
I live in terrace fish kitimat in the spring when king crab around and Rupert from end of may on pm me your number and we can stay in touch with reports

The totem lodge motel is an older hotel but has kitchenettes. Eagle bluff bnb right at the dock in cow bay has a shared kitchen and I’d say is one of the best places to stay if you can get in, it’s usually booked long in advance. There’s moorage at the yacht club, city owned cow bay dock, and the three docks run by port Ed harbour authority, Rushbrook, Fairview, and cow bay. Call ahead for the yacht club or the one owned by the city.
You don’t need to make the 35 mile run to Dundas and the bugs, but it can be good. As can pretty much anywhere in the area. Late June isn’t what it used to be though, and though it can be prime time Chinook fishing, it can come with some lulls. A week of fishing should give you time to find a few spots and dial in on tides. Late June there’s still good fishing right at that bell boy you’re talking about, and all the other places listed above.
thanks for info. is early june better? retired, so can come any time. in 100 mile house. 250 644 9667

Last edited:
I live in terrace fish kitimat in the spring when king crab around and Rupert from end of may on pm me your number and we can stay in touch with reports
when we were in rupert we never fished the chuck in june. we were at the shames bar , 20 miles out of terrace. many steelhead 25 plus and springs. wife got 42# my best was 56#. but that was in the 80's, before dfo screwed it up.

thanks for info. is early june better? retired, so can come any time. in 100 mile house. 250 644 9667
Middle of may through to the end of June is prime for bulk of springs always a few stragglers around after that. Every year is a little different to hit the peek of the spring run. Coho start showing in numbers the beginning in July to the middle of September. Big northern ones show up near the middle of August had a blast labourer day weekend a few times fishing them.

Middle of may through to the end of June is prime for bulk of springs always a few stragglers around after that. Every year is a little different to hit the peek of the spring run. Coho start showing in numbers the beginning in July to the middle of September. Big northern ones show up near the middle of August had a blast labourer day weekend a few times fishing them.
actually, we went out in sept one year and got monster coho. they are a blast.

actually, we went out in sept one year and got monster coho. they are a blast.
Definitely a great time for big coho latest I fished it was September 5-7th one year we were up at the work channel. It was amazing whales and dolphins everywhere and the bite was epic. We caught one 15lb+ Coho after another when the dummy flasher came up with the ball there would be fish right behind it almost every time.

Always wanted to do that trip again I’m usually there the end of June. Try and catch the end of the springs and beginning of the cohos.

do limits change there during the year?
If I remember correctly the coho haven’t had any changes yet the springs have had some in the last few years. There was a 0 retention on a few occasions in June returning back to a 2 per day 4 possession in July and August. Best to check with the authorities now before heading out to be certain.

Have 2 trips to Haa Nee Naa this year ( June and August) here’s hoping regs on Springs doesn’t affect the first trip.... can’t wait !!

Have 2 trips to Haa Nee Naa this year ( June and August) here’s hoping regs on Springs doesn’t affect the first trip.... can’t wait !!
Springs most likely will be closed from mid june to mid July. Almost a certainty but will know for sure shortly.

Rupert is a big area as to where the fish entering chatham for the bulk of the runs for the Skeena and Nass systems specially in July which has great fishing if you know where to go in the none tradition spots, We also get them in Aug but your travelling to the west coast of Dundas or stevens island on the out side around skiaki island specially when the wind pushes the fish more to the North and they miss Langara

Really hoping DFO at a minimum goes to the 1/day 2 pos on springs in June. Will be there June 28 to July 2.
Top end of Zayas Island can have some amazing fishing if you want to take a break from the Dundas black flies

Back