Renfrew

nedarb2

I heard rumors that they were paving the marina and adding electricity, water, etc as well as taking an excavator in the river and digging it out..is it happening? Also, are you able to buy tackle out there or do you need to bring your own out..and if so what colors work the best, im assuming an anchovy following a 7-8?? ft leader and an oki silver???? flasher

To fish or not to fish,
What a stupid question!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time :D
TGIF =Thank God It Floats

Don't know about the excavatork, but there are a couple of places to buy tackle. Setup is the same as everywhere else.
T2

Just talking to Bob Gallaugher the owner of Gallughers cabins in Renfrew and the rep on the SFAB from the Cowichan valley there is still ongoing talks on the river dredging as the last one was only effective for 8 months as it silted in pretty quick and the DFO is right twisted over environmental impact and disturbing habitat in the estuary area , as to the paving in the old dry land sort thats a way off and the electricity is on it's way, the poles are in and there is the wait for Hydro to do their thing.
Chartruese ,white glow head for the anchovie is about the best bet, I run 78 to 82 inch leaders, a slow roll is most effective in the mid to late summer, when it gets soupy looking in the later part of the year I use a bronze flasher, rest of the time just the red and chrome hot spot, when the feed is plentiful I pin the flasher 20 long pulls from the clip.
If you tag line try hootchies, cop car ,army truck and a green and white or all green spaghetti legs are good bets.

Back