Proud papa

[/quote]
I found mine by looking at boattrader.com. Actually found a new previous years model the dealer was blowing out at Camano Marine. Made for a very simple trip down to pick her up. The US dealers were offering a 6 year bumper to bumper warranty on the engines at the time as well.[/quote]

Tenmile what make of motors on your boat?Are you able to get warranty on the motor in canada?

I am looking at a new stiper down south and yamaha told me the warranty is void when the motor is exported from the country of sale.
The boat is only about 5-7k cheaper in the US,if theres no warranty it's not really worth it to me.
Thanks.

My engines are Yamahas as well (F115 and HT8). I called Yamaha Canada and they gave me the same run around, however, if you read the warranty information included with the engines it clearly states that the engines are warranted in the US and Canada.

For me, the price difference was about $10-12K and will cover most of the cost of my boating for the next few years. The Yamahas are so reliable that I haven't had to do anything but service them so far (touch wood). It got it last spring before the Cdn dollar jumped so much, but the local guys were still charging over a 20% premium for the currency exchange.

quote:Originally posted by cammer

now its time to sell the dry dock Jet to pay for the gas bill for the sled??., Nice boat coop
Nope keepin the sled as well. A man can never have enough boats ;)

Nice boat Coop, are you coming over to Port Alberni this season? Give me a call if you are and I will fill you in on what is happening.

Pat

quote:Originally posted by searun

Nice boat Coop, are you coming over to Port Alberni this season? Give me a call if you are and I will fill you in on what is happening.

Pat
Hi Pat, Good to hear from you. I am planning to go over to the island for a coupla weeks in the summer. Thinkin of Winter harbour, nootka sound or Bamfield. Would love to hook up with you and soak up a little knowledge. I'll keep in touch with my plans

Cheers

Look forward to hooking up with you. We are in Nootka for a few weeks in late July, but then back to Bamfield and Port Alberni before/after.

Still living in Nanoose Bay, so give me a call before you come and I will fill you in on what is happening. If you have the C channels I'm usually on C-4 or if you have the F channels, I'm on F-1.

Sweet boat livin the dream! Hey Searun do you fish out of either marina in nanoose? I practically live at both probaly crossed paths.

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

Sweet! [8D]
What size is that?
23 feet (LOA 24'2") If I was designing it, I probably would have had added a little more cabin and a little less deck space (maybe a foot) but I can adjust [8D]

Okay, so it's 2301. Thanks. I've been looking very hard at Seaswirls as a purchase for next year.

I think the 2301 is a size; the 2101 may be just a bit cramped ...until you look at the price of gas. :)

I look forward to hear some feedback on your great new fishing machine. I think you should take out to Swiftsure and report back. ;)

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

Or I guess it could be a 2300?
Your second guess was correct, Red. Its a 2300. I think they changed the number in 2000 or 2001. Mine is a 1999.

Kelly, I fish out of Port Alberni and Bamfield. The boat is moored at Clutesi Haven Marina. I also book customers for 2 weeks in Nootka every year for a change of pace. My boat is a 24 foot wellcraft coastal with a pod and a susie 225 hanging off the back. Nanoose isn't consistent enough fishing any more, so most of my trips are offshore or Barkley Sound.

Coop and I go back a few years when he was also involved with the BC Federation of Drift Fishers as a Director. It's nice to see him get a decent off shore boat so he can come out and play.

You dont happen to live here in beachcomber do you? Thought i rememberd a wellcraft in a driveway down by the point. I hear you about the inconsistancy.

No we are up in Gary Oaks near Fairwinds. I don't often take my boat out locally. She's in Port basically from mid May through to the end of September then up to Campbell River for Chums...and Nootka for 2 weeks for a break.

quote:Originally posted by searun
Coop and I go back a few years when he was also involved with the BC Federation of Drift Fishers as a Director. It's nice to see him get a decent off shore boat so he can come out and play.
Thanks Pat. It took me a loooong time to find this boat. I looked at a lot of sh*t in the states before I found this one. I walked away from two deals after surveys. Its really amazing how good looking boats look so much worse when its the surveyor taking the photos instead of the seller.

Cannot wait to go for the offshore tours[xx(]

She's a real nice ride, can't wait to raft up for a beer and bs session and to check her out. I strongly agree with your approach, I got mine in Virgina and hired a surveyor before I finalized the deal. Flip me an e-mail and perhaps we can arrange to hook up out there.

Back