Propeller Security Locks

Rockfish

Anyone have any experience with McGard Propeller Locks or other brands. I am thinking of getting one for the Prop on the main outboard motor. Someone advised that there have been cases of them seizing on with a lot of cost/damage to remove them. On the other hand the Merc dealer sells and installs the McGard locks and does not think it is an issue. So whats the verdict?

I've got one on my Optimax.Since I take my propellor off on a regular basis to keep the shaft lubed,I can't see the lock ever seizing on.
Dave

I've got one on my Optimax.Since I take my propellor off on a regular basis to keep the shaft lubed,I can't see the lock ever seizing on.
Dave

I have decided to get one. The Mechanic said the same thing. If you take the prop off once a year you should never have a problem.

Really a waste of time and money as the only time your going to need one is on a trailer, take the prop off cover the leg with a plastic bad and take the prop home as there isnt anyone going to steal it when its in the water.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Back