Prop pitch

Ok testing is over,motor height is has good I want it to be,5300Rpm at wot at 38 mpg , conclusion over prop, wish I could just leave it has is,hole shot and everything I want and need is there, but nowhere near 5700to 6300 recommended rpm at wot
What pitch prop gave you these numbers?

What pitch prop gave you these numbers?
Yes, I tough I would get better, 3 runs on flat, trimmed in the sweet spot and 5250 to 5300 at 38-39 mph, and yes motor height is good, see the cab plate while running just skimming the water line , bit under bit over but the spray is gone, almost feel like I could go one more hole up, but in the slop I will probably cavitate, so yes I think a 15x17 would put me at about 6000, my Honda prop fits on that engine too, it’s 14-1/2” x 15 x 4 blade, it was the best on my 225, 40 mph at 5800

Got a 16x17 waiting for me at Sherwood,prop guy says it will put me 5600 , said close enough, will also order one one these, so I can play with height without pulling bolts out all the time f….

Attachments

• IMG_0595.png
    IMG_0595.png
    450.4 KB · Views: 24
Nice jack plate - Once you start playing with mounting height, you start to realize how much of an impact it makes - and how few outboards are mounted correctly out of the box.

When I got my boat it was on the second hole, I remounted it twice and am now at the top hole and anti-cav plate is now just skimming the water. Getting your outboard mounted right makes it feel like your boat started going to the gym and went on a diet.

Thanks to all, testing is over and happy with the results,17” pitch,'running 24 mph at 3900 4000 rpm, 4400 is the sweet spot at 30 mph and wot got me 5650 rpm at 39 mph, , jack plate is not on, boat will stay has is for this season and will deal with the jack plate in the offseason

Back