Products To Use On Your Boat

For vinyl windows i use 210 window cleaner/polish works great also repels water and has anti fog properties.

I am a big believer in saltaway...i put that sh*t on everything, flush the motors with it as well. http://www.saltawayproducts.com/

and the aerospace 303 protectant is worth every penny as well, works great on seats and upholstery not greasy at all.

100% agree, saltaway is the **** for sure. Stunning how well it cleans the boat too.

some one

Some one told me that toilet bowl cleaner works well for this as well...havent tried it myself.
It does work very well but know your pH scales and how to properly neutralize. remember water is neuatral and doesn’t dilute like you think. you can do a lot of damage to surfaces and adding water to rinse the stuff off is redundant

303 on the Fab , every year , great stuff. Had my top for going on 8 years now and not sure how long it was on before I bought the boat

some one

Some one told me that toilet bowl cleaner works well for this as well...havent tried it myself.
Toilet bowl cleaner works awesome, as good as FSR in my opinion, and way cheaper

My boat used to have shark grey anti-fouling paint which looked sharp rather than black that it had previously. The problem was that over time, the copper green patina would take over the water line. I used various products with no great results until I tried vinegar. Sprayed white vinegar on the water line and rinsed with water after 5 minutes, looked like new. I use vinegar on everything even my French fries.

+1 vinegar!

I use Starbrite deck cleaner too. Really great for cleaning regular footwear stain and oily stuff. But it hasn’t been working well on dried fish blood or cured bait stain. I’ve used white vinegar and salt but still a bit of elbow grease to get it all gone. Does FSR work better on fish blood and bait stain?

303 on the Fab , every year , great stuff. Had my top for going on 8 years now and not sure how long it was on before I bought the boat
X2 on that. I spray my sunbrella and enclosure twice a year. Early spring and late summer. Makes it full water repellent for the entire season and also makes cleaning the top a breeze. Bit expensive for what it does but then it’s part of owning a soft top boat on the coast.

Last edited:
On my plastic windows, which I could hardly see out of before. I used the 3M glass cleaner and it turned out unreal, I can now see clear as day out the back and the sides. 1612764463156.jpeg

323DA4BE-B77B-4B91-8B48-319B6B6DA92B.pngThis is the strongest muriatic acid cleaner i have ever used. vented area and good gloves are a must.

My bud @Gham did a test of a few different vinyl cleaners on his big cruiser when he got it. I remember him saying one stood out. G, do you you remember which one?
I’ll have to check next time I’m on the boat. Pretty sure it was the Starbright vinyl cleaner

What you all recommend for a good mold and mildew killer for the cuddy headliner? Was thinking of killing it then hitting it with the power washer.

I’m needing to kill the growth in fuzzy liner in interior of cuddy. Just wondering what is best product for that.

I used carpet cleaner and a spray nozzle from a garden hose. I sprayed it on light scrub then hosed it out then put a fan in it to dry it out do it the hot days of summers worked great just like new

Back