problem for you yami 9.9 experts

spring time

I got a high thrust 9.9 and it runs for and hour and stops , turn the key fires up 10 minutes later stops turn key fires up. so bring it hame and put in bucket for a friend to look at 2 hours later does stop. then got out fishing and it does the same thing again what's up. it only does it it seams under load and suggestions

Could be a streached out diaphram might want to start there, when you take it off it will look fine but you really cant see it. is your line split from the main?as you main moter draws about 4 to 6 lbs of fuel pressure and the kicker about 2.

Try that first and see what happens about a 40 buck fix and is really easy to do.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

i have seen the anti siphon valve on the fuel tank pick up become a problem on some plumbed in kickers. especially if the fuel pump is getting weak. also look for any kinks or restrictions on the fuel line. another possibility is the oring on the fuel connector is leaking allowing air to be drawn in.

good luck

but why would it run fine for an hour then stop and then do it every ten minutes any put a new diaphram on it (man those this aren't cheap)

If it is the big block 9.9 (the 15hp block) it is the fuel pump vapour locking. The fuel heats up once the block and air temp under the hood are up to temp. It will run for an hour or 2 then quit...will quit every 10 to 15 minutes afterwards, especially if the throttle is above 1/2. To confirm stand close to the primer bulb, at the first sign of quitting quickly pump the bulb..it should catch and continue running. The fix is a water cooler on the pump, which I made for my 2 month old 9.9 and then Yamaha approved more to be made for others with the same problem. My compensation for my R&D and troubleshooting was $150 in Yami bucks.

Back