power pro 200 on downrigger

I never would have thought that fishing would be so complicated. Isn't using steel line a heck of a lot easier/cheaper?

100 bucks for power pro 5 down riggers at 375 ft.... steel is about 35 bucks here anyway

Had to go somewhere else to buy it,anglercenter.com had it in stock.....100$ 500yds 200lb

I have used 200 lb Tuff Line for 2 years and wanted to reload one of my downriggers with Power Pro. I could find 200 lb Tuff Line on the island a few years ago, now nobody carries 200 lb braid - just the expensive Scotty stuff. Island Outfitters weren't wanting to help me and at River Sportsman they told me I would void my Scotty warranty. Nothing at Tyee Marine, Buckley's and Gone Fishing. I think I will be making more on-line purchases.

I have found it several places online, be real careful of shipping costs... any deal... can turn expensive

I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing that it's for extra abraision resisitence. Seeing as how it's thinner than stainless why not have a little extra insurance against cutoffs when hitting bottom.

Love the 200lb powerpro. I wouldn't use toughline as I've never liked it"s abrasion resitance, just me.

I run a 4' piece of ganyon cord between the stopper(swivel) and the cannonball clip, which avoids any contact between the mainline and the bottom.

Ok Mr Cravin I did it your way, Im going to try power pro hooked up your way......Ill tell you how I liked it in a couple days

*fourth year and never changed it, and still just as good as when i put it on, try that with steel

worked like a charm..... 4 blackmouth today... bouncing the bottom.....time to change my other two riggers over

Back