Port Renfrew reports

I'll be out there July 16 & 27 and Aug 2 & 3 rd on de Bank... hopefully we'll do as well as last year

Fished Renfrew for a couple of hours today and picked up two in the twenties. Looks like it's picking up. Green flasher, chartruess anchovie head around Camper's creek.

RS

Where do you fish for lings at swiftsure? We have been going up there for years but we have always fished springs,hali, and true cod. We did great the last 2 years for true cod and limited out each time. Thanks for the fishing report we are heading up this weekend hope the fishing holds.

we got the lings right on the bottom in the same spot
we fished hallies....
the only species we did not get were grey cod.
quillbacks,snapper,lings and halibut were all we hooked !

RS is the bottom sandy or rocky? We fish off one of the corners of the no fish zone and we caught plenty of hali,true, and the black cod last year. I think we limited on each trip out. I really don't care for the black cod but have plenty of freinds that love them. Is the west side of swiftsure what they call the Tyee hole? I will post a report this weekend hope to see some of you out there we are in a grey 22 foot hewescraft. Thanks for the info.

if ya don`t like the black cod leave it alone , no reason just 2 take it ok . sorry, but taking your limit just 4 the sake of taking it really pisses me off . tight lines

Loosen up the line and give someone some slack. I don't take the limit just to take it. I gave the fish to a friend the sewed my boat canvas. She and her friends love them. I would never take anything unless a friend or I was going to eat it. I would be pissed at someone taking to limit just to limit..

just remember your lucky 2 fish in canadian waters , as we canadians aren`t aloud 2 fish your waters the same way . always respect that . tight lines scotty

We do it from both sides my wife is Canadian. I would gladly let you fish in US waters if it were up to me. With the money I have spent in BC over the years I think I have helped pay for a few of the fish and I am more that glad to help. I do appreciate the opportunity to visit your country and I don't try to abuse it.

At Renfrew for a couple of days, fished Tuesday and Thursday, no springs, but a couple of coho. On Monday there was a little shot of springs at Camper but other than that it was spotty.
T2

Over at Renny yesterday... got our butts no prob, but very spotty for Salmon, some coho around.... only saw a couple of bigger springs at the marina.

We fished Saterday and Sunday a swiftsure caughter and release 30 salmon both days. The springers where both in the teens. Had to go through that many to get US legal fish. The Hali and True cod fishing was great enjoy eating that tonight. Not much size on the Hali's. The water was perfect.

Back