Port Renfrew Help!

• Thread starter Thread starter fishbones
  • Start date Start date
F

fishbones

Hi,

Heading up to Port Renfrew this weekend to try and land some coho's. I've never been there, so in info on hot tackle etc would be great. I called the marina yesterday, and they said the Coho's are coming in now. He told me they were just weighing a 24lb northern....I can't wait!!!

Fished there a couple of times over the past 2 weeks. Chinooks were still in, their numbers were falling off but nice size fish. I had also landed a 20lb coho and hear their numbers are just starting to increase. I was fishing mostly bait (cut plug an anchovey) and most of my fish were caught on a chartruse anchovey special teaser head with med-large anchovies, 5 ft leader and a green flasher at around 45 ft. I briefly tried Coyote spoons with no luck. If you are interested in Chinook, start trolling around Owen point and keep going past Campers creek and fish in around 55 to 65 ft of water. Check the regs for coho, I think it may still be retention of wild coho inside the bouy only.

Fished there a couple of times over the past 2 weeks. Chinooks were still in, their numbers were falling off but nice size fish. I had also landed a 20lb coho and hear their numbers are just starting to increase. I was fishing mostly bait (cut plug an anchovey) and most of my fish were caught on a chartruse anchovey special teaser head with med-large anchovies, 5 ft leader and a green flasher at around 45 ft. I briefly tried Coyote spoons with no luck. If you are interested in Chinook, start trolling around Owen point and keep going past Campers creek and fish in around 55 to 65 ft of water. Check the regs for coho, I think it may still be retention of wild coho inside the bouy only.

Hey Bones, What's u? Did you get those pics of the boat I sent you? So your heading out to Renny this weekend eh? MAke sure you get a chart of the area and have your GPS as well as the fog can be bad! Get as much advice as possible and preferrably a buddy boat if you can find someone going ot the same spot you are as it can get quite snarly out there! Take you cell phone if it will work, but preferrably get a VHF! So you must be back from the ship eh?! How's Sooke been? Give me a holler!

SW COWBOY

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Hey Bones, What's u? Did you get those pics of the boat I sent you? So your heading out to Renny this weekend eh? MAke sure you get a chart of the area and have your GPS as well as the fog can be bad! Get as much advice as possible and preferrably a buddy boat if you can find someone going ot the same spot you are as it can get quite snarly out there! Take you cell phone if it will work, but preferrably get a VHF! So you must be back from the ship eh?! How's Sooke been? Give me a holler!

SW COWBOY

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

It depends if you want big ho's or if you want action.If you want big fish just fish as if you were going for springs in close and with bait.If you want lots of action start in 200ft of water and keep going out until you find the mother load.
If your going offshore try any spoon or what i find best is a plain white glo hootchie.

There's One!!!!!!!!!

It depends if you want big ho's or if you want action.If you want big fish just fish as if you were going for springs in close and with bait.If you want lots of action start in 200ft of water and keep going out until you find the mother load.
If your going offshore try any spoon or what i find best is a plain white glo hootchie.

There's One!!!!!!!!!

Back