Pinks in Juan de Fuca

tinboatrobb

Can't recall when the pinks show up out front of Victoria. I seem to think it is late July early August as a rule. Is that correct?

There should be pinks out on the tidelines anytime in July, obviously more the later you go. By the 3rd week of August they are starting to tail off.

Thanks. That is basically what I thought. Got into them 2 years ago out there. Love to smokes bunch as Christmas gifts..

Is there any places a guy can shore fish for pinks around Victoria? or are they to far out?

Sooke would definetly be better...Otter Point is a great spot, close to the road and a fishy spot

Otter Point is a good spot for shore casting for salmon with Buzz Bombs and Zilda type lures and not just for Pinks. When I fished it, it was for Chinook and Ho’s. Unfortunately it could be more angler friendly. There is very little parking with ‘do not park signs’ on the side of the road and the routes down and along the top of the point is a little rough but there is a picnic table down there on the rocks.
If the district was smart and wanted to attract anglers (read money) to the Sooke community they would improve both the routes down to the rocks and parking availability.

Last edited:
Or they copy Victoria and put in some bike lanes and paint the road with pictures of shore casters and big salmon! lol

Back