PINCH ME

Stizzla

Crew Member
Let’s get right into it:

Here’s how it started. My parents have decided to merge into our house and sell theirs. (It’s currently Under contract)
This enables me to pay off the butt whopping I took in real estates in late 2022/ early 2023 and actually have a little fun money again.
My wife and I decided that we should get back into a boat as it gives us so much joy. I was thinking my max would be about $30k so I was looking at a beautiful striper 18.5 that’s on marketplace right now. It’s very clean and I would be happy to own it.

Before I pulled the trigger, there is a certain boat that I had to look at. I drive by it every single morning on the way to work and drive by it again every single afternoon coming home. It has never once been out of its storage shed. I felt like I needed to knock on his door just to see the story on this boat. Here is what I see…
IMG_3416.jpeg

I rang the bell and a nice old timer and his dog came to the door.
I told him I have seen his beautiful boat from the street and noticed it doesn’t seem to get used. I was wondering if he had thought about selling it. He said actually he had and what did I have in mind? I said I hadn’t really looked at it because I didn’t wanna go onto his property but if he could tell me a little bit about it then I would be interested. Turns out it’s a 2023 Double Eagle 185. He bought brand new and has used it once.
When I heard that I said, oh thank you for your time, but I can definitely not afford that. He told me to go have a look at it anyways, so I did…

Story checks out. It’s ******* brand new. brand new hull brand new motor, brand new, kicker brand new electronics, brand new everything. 1 hour on the boat.

After looking over and drooling, I went back to him and said it’s fantastic and I really appreciate him showing it to me, but I cannot afford it so best of luck.

He told me to call him Wednesday (check your calendars) and he will know by then if he is for sure ready to sell it and then also what my comfortable price would be.

This morning I called him and said it’s definitely worth a lot more than I can afford but I could scrape together $35,000 and give it a great home. He said,”sounds good”

I am basically still in shock. I got them a bank draft, delivered it to them and I’m picking up the boat this evening. They are the absolute nicest people I’ve ever met and I told them I would be grateful forever and I would cherish all the memories I make it. I also offered them lots of crab and salmon if I can catch them.

So without further ado, please welcome my brand new Double Eagle 185 that I will be naming “PINCH ME”
The boat comes with power everything, hydraulic everything, riggers, extra equipment, and a brand new tuff trailer.

I know good things happen to good people, but today something good even happened to me.

IMG_3417.jpegIMG_3420.jpegIMG_3421.jpeg

IMG_3418.jpeg

Holy. That’s an insane story. So happy for you man, that’s unreal.

I like that story......alot , I like that boat.....alot......bastid !!.....;)
congrats on a great find Stizz, careful though , Rayvon be snoopin around to maybe chuck you an offer !!...😁

Good on you for door knocking , so for those of us that have no idea ,what would that guy have likely paid when he bought it. I won't be offended if you don't want to say. I all ready got offered way more than I paid for my CDory this spring so I know how you feel.

Let’s get right into it:

Here’s how it started. My parents have decided to merge into our house and sell theirs. (It’s currently Under contract)
This enables me to pay off the butt whopping I took in real estates in late 2022/ early 2023 and actually have a little fun money again.
My wife and I decided that we should get back into a boat as it gives us so much joy. I was thinking my max would be about $30k so I was looking at a beautiful striper 18.5 that’s on marketplace right now. It’s very clean and I would be happy to own it.

Before I pulled the trigger, there is a certain boat that I had to look at. I drive by it every single morning on the way to work and drive by it again every single afternoon coming home. It has never once been out of its storage shed. I felt like I needed to knock on his door just to see the story on this boat. Here is what I see…
View attachment 109096

I rang the bell and a nice old timer and his dog came to the door.
I told him I have seen his beautiful boat from the street and noticed it doesn’t seem to get used. I was wondering if he had thought about selling it. He said actually he had and what did I have in mind? I said I hadn’t really looked at it because I didn’t wanna go onto his property but if he could tell me a little bit about it then I would be interested. Turns out it’s a 2023 Double Eagle 185. He bought brand new and has used it once.
When I heard that I said, oh thank you for your time, but I can definitely not afford that. He told me to go have a look at it anyways, so I did…

Story checks out. It’s ******* brand new. brand new hull brand new motor, brand new, kicker brand new electronics, brand new everything. 1 hour on the boat.

After looking over and drooling, I went back to him and said it’s fantastic and I really appreciate him showing it to me, but I cannot afford it so best of luck.

He told me to call him Wednesday (check your calendars) and he will know by then if he is for sure ready to sell it and then also what my comfortable price would be.

This morning I called him and said it’s definitely worth a lot more than I can afford but I could scrape together $35,000 and give it a great home. He said,”sounds good”

I am basically still in shock. I got them a bank draft, delivered it to them and I’m picking up the boat this evening. They are the absolute nicest people I’ve ever met and I told them I would be grateful forever and I would cherish all the memories I make it. I also offered them lots of crab and salmon if I can catch them.

So without further ado, please welcome my brand new Double Eagle 185 that I will be naming “PINCH ME”
The boat comes with power everything, hydraulic everything, riggers, extra equipment, and a brand new tuff trailer.

I know good things happen to good people, but today something good even happened to me.

View attachment 109097View attachment 109099View attachment 109100

View attachment 109098
Wow, I’d buy a lottery ticket! Deal of a lifetime!
Stosh

Back