Pictures in your Posts

Not exactly pretty but functional
IMG_4559.jpg

This was a few years ago.... but a nice morning's catch on the Sunshine Coast!

Chinook.jpg

A RARE Catch...Mola..ie Sunfish..off the west coast VI in 06
Safely released. They feed on mainly jellyfish and grow to 1800lbs..

p6170005pi5.th.jpg

p8280003du8.th.jpg

Actually I saw it floating and we just netted it..we were about 5-7 miles offshore..It had lots of parasites on it..so we pulled a few off.

Wild looking fish.... I googled it, and apparently the skin is really rubbery (just as it looks). It's a relative of the puffer fish and some consider it to be poisonious.

There was a really good article on them in the national geographic.
Funny that they can get to 1800lbs eating jellyfish (from the national geographic article)
On that same fishing trip we also saw on that was about 6x8 feet..didn't try to net that one..LOL

This was inside of the Barley sound near diplock and we had lost a springer and he took the flasher and all the gear and we saw a flash and thought we might be able to net it. (I know the odds are slim but I have done it before) I prepared to net the fish it it was a sun fish it scare the hell out of me I didn't no what it was but we got the book out to see what it was and we realse it un harmed after the book said the meat tasted like terrible. Has anyone else tried one?

I'm bored, so experimenting...
here'a a 60lb Hallie trolled up last spring while fishing
winter springs with tinboatrobb ;)
P3310012.jpg

scan0002.jpg
Im not sure what im doing here but I think you will enjoy the pics..... Used a spoon in a bait fishery and out fished them all... well my girl did

scan0002.jpg
Im not sure what im doing here but I think you will enjoy the pics..... Used a spoon in a bait fishery and out fished them all... well my girl did

A 50# and a 40.#.. my girl friend [:I]caught the 50# we were at Tofino.....a Tomic Roadrunner..500 spoon... we caught a 50 a 40 and a 36 that day... the next biggest in the resort was a 28 for that day.. also had halibut of 93 66 and 63#[8D][:I]

Back