Pender Bluffs

• Thread starter Thread starter Gooey Bob
  • Start date Start date
G

Gooey Bob

I'm stuck on this side of the island this weekend and have managed to get tomorrow as a day for fishing. Since pretty much all of area 18 is closed, I was wondering if anyone had a report on what, if anything is happening at Pender Bluffs. Perhaps some late sockeye? Pinks? Any info would be appreciated....

Gooey.

Don't know about pinks or socks, but heard of a few springs being taken at the bluffs. Might try that area for a change myself.

Tournament Proven !

Based on yesterdays experience, I'd highly recommend it. We didn't leave Cowichan Bay until about 10:30 in the morning, back at the dock by 4:30 with 2 pinks, one sockeye, 2 teenage springs and a nice haul of crab. The bite seemed to come on right around what I believe was low slack at about 12:45. For a West Coast and Charlottes boy, it completely surpassed my expectations. One of the Springs (18lbs) hit a flasher and pink hoochie - gotta love it when lady luck is actually on your side once in a while!

Nice to see the fiancee and son in to a bit of action as well. Its too cool to watch the ones you love get so totally in to it.

Not too many boats, and lots of room to fish. Most folks seemed to be after pinks or socks based on the gear I saw being pulled, and their distance from shore. Springs seemed to be associated with bait in a little closer to the bluffs themselves. The boats that were well equipped and seeming a bit more serious about the sport were focussed in these areas. A couple of large slicks of bait were evident on the sounder.

Oh yeah, and thanks for all the posts with reports before we headed out (NOT!). I guess no one from this site fishes there. I'd say its worth a look some time. I'll defnitely be back. Kind of nice not to have to worry too much about the weather or the GPS breaking down!

Gooey.

Back