Parents.

nedarb2

Why are they so difficult! Im trying to book a charter for renfrew this summer, before ican finish my first sentence my mom goes "your not going to swiftsure" ,why not? You dad will get sea sick. He can take some medicine. NO, your not going to swiftsure you can stay close to shorethats fine but yuor NOT going to swift sure. URRR.
Then were talking about Nitinat LAKE, i just got a 14' lund to fish it this fall.. my dad goes, ide take the boat intothe river(yes the frsh water river not the gap!) but theres no way ide run it to the far end. It can EASILY do it but theres no way well do it its just too far. Ive just spent 400$ outfitting this thing with gear, safetly equip, new rods and reels, tackle, gps, so that we can fish nitinat, and ive told both my parents that thisi why im buying all this stuff, are they oblivious or is it just me?!

With all this said, is there anyother place on south island to fish salmon and halibut with good results? Thank-you

Hey, I'm a parent and any time you want to fish Nitinat you just get hold of me and I'll hitch up to your boat and you and i will go out there.:D

hey, if you want $5, ask for $10.

Tell them you want to take the boat to bamfield and fish the big bank, all of sudden little Nitnat lake doesn't sound so bad ;)

oh and with that boat, I'd seriously consider Alberni inlet this year. Calm easy fishing within a short run from the dock and this year will show more 4-5 year old fish.

couldswomeone thtas never fished alberni do it with a bit of research and fishbc help ;) or would u need a guide the first time?

Very easy to learn. Launch from China Creek at the end of August, and head for the crowd. There's tonnes of info on this site (use the search function) for favorite gear, locations, and depths. If you're in a 14' boat, head in when it starts to blow (happens every day). The best fishing is first light, so you can be off the water before it blows too hard.

In Port Alberni There is a ramp just down from the road from the quey(Port Boathouse)we used to launch there,we have caught them 75 feet from the ramp,and yes first light is the best.Then back up and breakfast at the blue door.DAN

couldswomeone thtas never fished alberni do it with a bit of research and fishbc help

Not with Fish B.C. help, but im sure you could with the help of the Sportfishing B.C. members!:D

Roe Bags nice to see ya back.

There are lots of us that are willing to help on this site and I remember well just a few years ago prior to my first trip to Port the help I got from many of the long time members on this site. :D

Cheers ME

ps You can also search the sites archives for past posts on the very subject you are looking for advice for too. ;)

Hey Nedarb2,

I fish alberni from end of june all summer sockeye..then chinook.. I often take my dad out who is over 80..I would be willing to give you help out there.

thanks carol,
i think me and kelly are going to work something out for a trip in july, i appreciate the offer, and thank-you too everyone else too it wss just one of those nights ;)

The two of you being so young and hungry for fishing is so awesome. just think if you 2 stay hungry and keep an open mind wanting to learn that "your" skills will be very sot after in the years to come. :DGreat that you do alot of it on your own not letting anyone stop you ,but remember always respect your parents . You wont understand tell after you have your own kids lol

Back