"OLD" Fishing pictures

Did a quick google search for old pictures - so excuse for probably violating some copyrights but I think for the purpose of just showing them here it should be fine. It seems the Tyee Club photo gallery is the biggest publicly available collection of historic angling photos in BC.

CowichanBayUnknownYear.jpg
Cowichan Bay, unknown year

CR_TyeeClub_1955.jpg
Tyee Club, CR, 1955

FromSookeNewsMirror.jpg
Sooke, unknown year

James_DickCPO_CowichanBayTyee1955.jpg
Cowichan Bay Tyee, 1955

JimmyGilbert_SaanichInlet_195X.jpg
Jimmy Gilbert (r), Saanich Inlet 195X

PA_TyeeClub.jpeg
unknown year

RoyThomson_SaanichInlet1932.jpg

Salmon_1943_Comox_Spike_Sullivan_GRM.jpg
Comox, 1943

Tyee_Club_CR.jpg
unknown year

Tyee_Club_CR_1947.jpg

Tyee Club, CR, 1947

I managed to drag up a few and once I find the time, will scan a few more

I have been lucky to live in a few different parts of this province and been able to fish a lot of different places.

Old Qualicum fishing 1990 - all caught jigging

Skeena River Bar fishing 1995. Fished with a group called Wherethefukarewe.....First time bar fishing - Not sure that style of fishing is for me! Used my 10.5' steelhead rod, AG C3 w/17 lbs main (the biggest line I could fit on my reel and still have them run), big pyramid weights and large spin and glows. Set the jet boat with the anchor and half in the water cast out and place in the rod holder, then wait.....in a lawn chair and a beer. The boys had 10/22's and if anyone had a bell on their rod, it was fair game for anyone to shoot it off!! Was a fun trip and we caught a few fish!

For work, I was lucky to live for 15 years in The Fort and spend time fishing some of the best freshwater fishing in BC. Lake trout to 30 lbs, Rainbows to 12, Bulls to 10, grayling and burbot. I even got to fish springs. A lot of our work was train or heli access and our base camp was Suskeena Lodge on the Sustat River. The Sustat is very well known for it's large steelhead and has a big run of springs heading to the Bear River. We would get our work down early, help out the lodge owner on stuff around the lodge and he would take us fishing. Drift fishing with dink floats and roe! Some amazing fishing! 2-4 springs for a few hours in the evening was average. Most were in the mid 20's and getting dark, but the odd one was pretty chrome!! These were around 1997-8

I am in the process of scanning all my old fishing and hunting photos and will post up a few more as I get to them!

Lets see some others post up some of their old ones!!

Cheers

SS

Me fishing with the neighbor back in 1976? Off Cattle Point, hitting the old Blueback run...sigh, all but gone now.
blue back run i’m assuming early june? in 1976 i would have been just a few days old! your a beauty by the way!!

Last edited:
Me fishing with the neighbor back in 1976? Off Cattle Point, hitting the old Blueback run...sigh, all but gone now.
These probably about the same time same place or maybe Trial Island ?lots of blue backs Wain Rock in the sixties used to fish for them with gang trolls and worm

Attachments

• DEE0B820-A511-4BE6-8642-3FA01F3FBCDD.jpeg
    DEE0B820-A511-4BE6-8642-3FA01F3FBCDD.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 132
These probably about the same time same place or maybe Trial Island ?lots of blue backs Wain Rock in the sixties used to fish for them with gang trolls and worm
Are bluebacks just small coho. I remember fishing them in the 90s and a kid outside silva bay

Back