Night bite

Tips Up

I don't do much evening fishing but some of these nights are calling me.
Anyone having much success in the evenings? Is it best to fish the tides or is the time of night more important?

Thanks

Tips

One of my favorite times to fish was the last couple of hours of daylight right into dark. Place was Seperation Pt. late august and most of september. I'd bring my gear up into top 30' . I was usually the last boat out but quite often would end up with a 25#er to show for it. Kind of odd though when you are trying to net a fish but all you can see is the flasher at the rod tip.
Too bad, so sad. Seperation is closed now during that time.

There used to be an incredible night bite that went on out front of Bates Beach, Seal Bay etc. There would be fifty to a hundred boats out there at night waiting for the springs to chase the herring into the shallower water. They would mooch and buzz bomb with great success. Sometimes just by the light of the full moon. Great fun but sadly lost. I'm sure there's a few old salts around that check it out once and a while. eman

Thanks the responses.

More specificly... I fish in Sooke and was hoping for some info on Beechy up to Otter.

Anyone fish the evenings there?
Any recent feedback?

Tips

I usually fished there at first light but know people who swear by evening bite.

Back