New Reels for Trolling and Baitcasting

Slider_z33

I have recently purchased 2 new reels and wanted to get some info on them from you all. I went with higher end reels from what I know (me being new to the sport). I have purchased a Daiwa Luna 300 with 40ILB braid for my baitcasting reel and I have purchase a Daiwa Saltist STTLW40HA with 400yards of 25ILB mono for downrigging and bottom bouncing. I have read a lot of reviews and from what I have read they are great reels for the money and should hold up over time. I was wondering if anyone had any info on these reels and anything I should be aware of. Was this a good purchase known problems etcplease let me know. I will be fishing mainly up North on Francois Lake and fishing trout and char.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
did you have good luck with these?
i'm looking into getting an "all purpose" reel--would you recommend either?

I have recently purchased 2 new reels and wanted to get some info on them from you all. I went with higher end reels from what I know (me being new to the sport). I have purchased a Daiwa Luna 300 with 40ILB braid for my baitcasting reel and I have purchase a Daiwa Saltist STTLW40HA with 400yards of 25ILB mono for downrigging and bottom bouncing. I have read a lot of reviews and from what I have read they are great reels for the money and should hold up over time. I was wondering if anyone had any info on these reels and anything I should be aware of. Was this a good purchase known problems etcplease let me know. I will be fishing mainly up North on Francois Lake and fishing trout and char.

Thank you

I own a lot of daiwa product. I have never been disappointed. With proper care you will be more the satisfied with your purchase.

Back