New Marina in Sooke

I have called and inquired starting with the Oak Bay group with no one knowing of the purchase of area covered to develop a marina. From where I stand there is no concrete facts regarding a new marina just talk unless someone out there can shed new light.

I have called and inquired starting with the Oak Bay group with no one knowing of the purchase of area covered to develop a marina. From where I stand there is no concrete facts regarding a new marina just talk unless someone out there can shed new light.

Theres a petition started out here to get a public lauchig ramp. A no brainer really,speaking in regards to the munucipals here. Cheers to those trying to get something going in the way of a petition. Typical beauracracy I say, we need a petition to initiate a development re the enancement of a resource,fishing/tourist industry?
Look at Campbell River I can think of 6 or 8 launching facilities from south to north and Ive probably missed others.

B Gibb

Theres a petition started out here to get a public lauchig ramp. A no brainer really,speaking in regards to the munucipals here. Cheers to those trying to get something going in the way of a petition. Typical beauracracy I say, we need a petition to initiate a development re the enancement of a resource,fishing/tourist industry?
Look at Campbell River I can think of 6 or 8 launching facilities from south to north and Ive probably missed others.

B Gibb

Island Outfitters is also running a petition for a ramp in Sooke. I signed on that yesterday. Hopefully we'll see a little movement on this one. Suggest that any of you SVI folks stop in and add your name to the list and maybe good things will come of this.

Seafood, it eat, then catch more.

Island Outfitters is also running a petition for a ramp in Sooke. I signed on that yesterday. Hopefully we'll see a little movement on this one. Suggest that any of you SVI folks stop in and add your name to the list and maybe good things will come of this.

Seafood, it eat, then catch more.

Campbell river has 8 ramps, that is good but it's also fished out from overfishing.

Campbell river has 8 ramps, that is good but it's also fished out from overfishing.

The guy on the Tin Shed property is building boats not a marina. He is a friend of a buddy of mine. I will try and get more info on the subject.

Tournament Proven !

The guy on the Tin Shed property is building boats not a marina. He is a friend of a buddy of mine. I will try and get more info on the subject.

Tournament Proven !

And to follow up on first strikes comments, CR is also a very frustrating fishery for those without the technology. Besides chum fishing and tyee pool (which are gong shows anyway), you ALWAYS have to fish min. 140' for the summer springs, and usually in the 180-300' depths. If you don't have electric DR and a large boat, you're hosed. The frustration of trying to pull a 10' ball wrapped around your prop because of the depth/current just wasn't worth it (yah, I could have fastened the cover around the prop, but still)....hand cranks sucked at 180' all day long, and when you did catch one, they just seem to dart to the surface and jump in your net - fight just didn't do a fish justice. Much happier fighting the crowds of sooke in 40-60' thankyou!

And to follow up on first strikes comments, CR is also a very frustrating fishery for those without the technology. Besides chum fishing and tyee pool (which are gong shows anyway), you ALWAYS have to fish min. 140' for the summer springs, and usually in the 180-300' depths. If you don't have electric DR and a large boat, you're hosed. The frustration of trying to pull a 10' ball wrapped around your prop because of the depth/current just wasn't worth it (yah, I could have fastened the cover around the prop, but still)....hand cranks sucked at 180' all day long, and when you did catch one, they just seem to dart to the surface and jump in your net - fight just didn't do a fish justice. Much happier fighting the crowds of sooke in 40-60' thankyou!

Back