My boat is sold, what lodge am I celebrating at?

RainCity,

Have some spots that just opened up mid July (primetime for everything) can customize whatever kind of trip you would like. Self contained cottages with BBQ's so you can do all your own cooking if you want or Hardy into Hardy and hit a local eatery. Guides would be happy to let you run all the gear and do things yourself, have lots of groups that do, they would just put you on the fish and you could have at it. Hardy Buoys Smoked Fish can also do all the packaging for you if you decide not do do it yourself.

Another option for you anyways

Cheers

At this point I think we're leaning towards something that works with just two nights, three tops. Don't need full pampering but some fish packing would be great. I've never been on a guided trip, let alone a lodge. We don't mind cooking but wouldn't mind a bit of a scene with dinner. I'm honestly just leaning towards heading over to Bamfield because I miss the smell of The Wreckage ;)
Plus I think I'll know enough guys over there to just have a nice day or two fishing with good people. I don't need trophy fish, I don't need lots of fish. I need to be on the water in a beautiful place to get over the past 5 years of stress that boat caused me lol
Sounds like you’ve made up your mind, why not just hit up some of the guys on here that guide out of bamfield? Or maybe you already have…

RainCity,

Have some spots that just opened up mid July (primetime for everything) can customize whatever kind of trip you would like. Self contained cottages with BBQ's so you can do all your own cooking if you want or Hardy into Hardy and hit a local eatery. Guides would be happy to let you run all the gear and do things yourself, have lots of groups that do, they would just put you on the fish and you could have at it. Hardy Buoys Smoked Fish can also do all the packaging for you if you decide not do do it yourself.

Another option for you anyways

Cheers

That's another option @Rain City Port Hardy is really nice. Nice scenery like Bamfield....

We have done s lot of trips up in our own boats. I think bottomfishing is better personally there vs Barkley.

I've recommended Murphy's out of Kyuquot before on this forum and I'll do it again. Rock solid operation. Meals are made, and tasty, fishing is productive and the cabins are comfortable. What more could you need?

The over-under bet for raincity to get a new boat is set at 8 weeks. It will turn into a bring your own boat trip. Lol
I'm trying my hardest to wait until after the season is over to see if any deals pop up. The slip is subletted for June on a month to month contract.

If you are eventually getting another boat I would hire a guide in whatever area you plan to take your boat in the future. I’d also ask to target multiple species over a few days. When you show up in the future with your own gear you’ll be dialled in.

If you are eventually getting another boat I would hire a guide in whatever area you plan to take your boat in the future. I’d also ask to target multiple species over a few days. When you show up in the future with your own gear you’ll be dialled in.
I was going to say the exact opposite of that. :)

Go somewhere you think you will never get to in your next boat. Fly-in is a memorable experience, land by the lodge in a Grumman Goose built in the 1930s. Awesome! Somewhere like North King Lodge you have Caamano sound almost to yourself. Very few other boats up that way that are not from the lodge.

Back