MercMonitor SmartCraft question(s)

Aquaholic

Crew Member
Can the fuel capacity be changed to imperial gallons, or just US gallons or litres?

Do you manually reset the fuel amount after each fill up if your MercMonitor gauge is not wired to the fuel tank?

Can the fuel capacity be changed to imperial gallons, or just US gallons or litres?

Do you manually reset the fuel amount after each fill up if your MercMonitor gauge is not wired to the fuel tank?

I reset mine every fill up. It does keep track total fuel to date used.
I find it easy to guess on litres it will take. Multiply by 4. Not exact but if I fish all day on kicker and run main x hours it is really close
Does not keep track of kicker fuel used but my math works. I only hold 40 imperial gallons so west coast fishing is a daily fill

20 gal - 80 litres

I find it easy to guess on litres it will take. Multiply by 4. Not exact but if I fish all day on kicker and run main x hours it is really close
Does not keep track of kicker fuel used but my math works. I only hold 40 imperial gallons so west coast fishing is a daily fill

20 gal - 80 litres
Thanks. Tough to find decent video's (or any) on tips n tricks for playing with all the settings.

Any other suggestions for this device will be welcome.

Thanks. Tough to find decent video's (or any) on tips n tricks for playing with all the settings.

Any other suggestions for this device will be welcome.
Just go thru the manual to get what info you want. Can have fuel, volts, rpm, tanks…
Never really spent time setting mine up. Kind of happy with factory settings. Troll control is great

Just go thru the manual to get what info you want. Can have fuel, volts, rpm, tanks…
Never really spent time setting mine up. Kind of happy with factory settings. Troll control is great

I'm a video guy, have gone thru the manual a few times. I know there are some features you need to get extra connectors for but would probably never use those features. Would like to see engine trim angle.

Troll control is amazing, small increments to get the speed exact, great when in high current areas where the cable angle changes frequently.

I'm a video guy, have gone thru the manual a few times. I know there are some features you need to get extra connectors for but would probably never use those features. Would like to see engine trim angle.

Troll control is amazing, small increments to get the speed exact, great when in high current areas where the cable angle changes frequently.
Trim should show automatically

The trim issue is that the engine comes stock with an analog trim sender on the motor. If you have a digital gauge you need to replace the physical trim sender on the engine with a digital sender. They aren't overly expensive, don't remember exactly how much but remember thinking it was worth it to show trim on my vessel view/plotter. Easy, couple of screws and plug and play.

On my 115 the gauge doesn't show the trim or much else really but on the 200 I put on a boat it did. The smaller motors have an analog trim sender I guess, but the bigger ones must be all digital. I'm not sure at what hp it changes but I think maybe it's 150+ are all digital senders. I don't even think the digital gauge shows engine temp on my 115, so it's kind of useless for this motor, although the troll mode is nice for sure

My 115 is a 2022 model so it shows quite a few things, the dealer today said it should be digital from the factory and it should work and just to make sure that I got the setting right which I will be checking.

My 115 is a 2022 model so it shows quite a few things, the dealer today said it should be digital from the factory and it should work and just to make sure that I got the setting right which I will be checking.
He's wrong, the digital sender must be added afterwards to the 90/115. They come with an analog sender from the factory. Not that much $ for the sender, it's solid state (non mechanical), unlike the Yamaha ones that are mechanical and crap out after a couple years.

20 gal - 80 litres
same , but if ya want it exact , its 20gal x 3.785 =75.7 liters , use it all the time when down south, cheers

I have a 2021 Mercury 90 with a standard gage. Would it be plug and play to replace or do I need a special cable from the engine?

I have a 2021 Mercury 90 with a standard gage. Would it be plug and play to replace or do I need a special cable from the engine?
it is already Smartcraft able,. For the trim gauge to read (if that is important to you) you will have to upgrade that sender cable, as it is an analog vs digital thing. The digital trim cable is around $200 taxes in.

it is already Smartcraft able,. For the trim gauge to read (if that is important to you) you will have to upgrade that sender cable, as it is an analog vs digital thing. The digital trim cable is around $200 taxes in.
Where did you pick up the gage or did it come with the motor install? A quick search online shows they are around $500. I have been debating spending the money to hook my motor up to my HDS Live but it is expensive and all I really want is the troll control.

I have also been considering one of these MercMonitors to replace my analogue tach which I believe has troll control as well as a bunch of other features but still cheaper than hooking up to the HDS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 9
Back