MECHANIC

ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD MECHANIC WHO CAN TRAVEL TO CHEANEUH MARINA TO WORK ON BOATS?
I HAVE A 351 FORD MERCRUISER WHICH NEEDS WORK ON ENGINE. DO NOT HAVE A TRAILER SO IF YOU CAN WORK ON THE BOAT AT THE MARINA WOULD BE THE BEST OPTION.

mercury service centre maybe, just have some money and some beer, if u tell them that u will throw in some beer aswell as money u should get a mechanic

Thanks Mongoose. Would you know where they are located. I am on the mainland and I leave the boat moored at Cheanuh so it is difficult to find a good mobile mechanic rom here. Any info is greatly appreciated.

What's the problem with your motor? I may be able to help.

Poacher:
Not really sure as it was running fine over the weekend then a rattling sound started within the engine and then a couple of spurters and then it died. Tried to start, the engine turns over but not firing up. Could be timing belt?

hey merc marine is located right behind trotac marine. Mercury Service Centre. 89 Dallas Rd Victoria, BC V8V 1A1 Canada Phone: 250-385-1457

I am no mechanic, but most V8's have a timing chain rather than a belt. Is this the case?..(leaving a modest amount of room for doubt)When you turn it over is there any "forign" noises? Hows about fuel? Fuel filter? I could under stand a rattle of the bottem end (crankshaft) when you run outa fuel. hmmmmm....best a luck to ya

hey, today i saw a small blue truck driving around that is a boat engine mechanic, that travels to the boat. i cant remeber the name that it said on the side of the truck. anyone else seen that mobile marine mechanic driving around in a small blue truck with white lettering on it????

Internal noises can be caused by a few things, but if it won't fire and you have fuel and spark, it is definately a timing problem. Try getting ahold of the guys at Frog Stompers in east Sooke, they may be able to figure it out for you , as they are close by. Ask for Brian.
478 3670. I'm going to be down that way on sunday for a few days, I have access to another pc there so I will try and speak to them then. If your going to be around there let me know so we can get together.You can e-mail me at Rustytick49@hotmail.com.

Poacher:
Really appreciate your help. I will give Brain a call.
I don't think I can make it over this weekend, but I will email you and try to get a hold of you.
Many thanks again for all your help.

"runabout marine" is mark shubrooke
not sure if he works on inboards, but if interested
i will e-mail you his number

Scott

Back