Malibu 18.5 Power

• Thread starter Thread starter Tanglefoot
  • Start date Start date
T

Tanglefoot

Anyone have an 18.5 Malibu powered by an I/O other than a Volvo? Reason I ask, I have that boat, 1988, and I'm looking to re-power. I don't know what all the options may be but I've thought about the 3L, 4cy I/O Mercruiser. I'm not sure what my present engine, a Volvo AQ 141, weighs in at but I believe it to be considerably less than the 635lb Merc. I'd be interested in hearing about how the boat handles the heavier engines.

Thanks for any info...Tom

Contact Lund Marine in Powell River. 604-483-4612 Lee is a Factory Merc/Mariner Dealer and is also a Malibu Dealer. He can probably give you all the information you need.

I repowered a 19.5 sangster. In the end I put on a pod and an outboard. But one top contender was the 4.3L from GM lots of parts around and a reliable motor. 190HP not sure it may be a little too much??

RS

I repowered a 19.5 sangster. In the end I put on a pod and an outboard. But one top contender was the 4.3L from GM lots of parts around and a reliable motor. 190HP not sure it may be a little too much??

RS

Back