Lingcod

BrianJ

Found a few bigger ones just by Pearson Island this week. Big thrill for the wife getting a 78 cm long.
Anyone know where good place to get reasonable price for boat cover for my 1990 dbl eagle boat?

Costco for a full boat cover if that's what you mean. If you are one of those people, you can turn it in for a new one when it fails.

I’m looking for a cover custom made for double eagle. Not travel or winter cover.
It has a sloping back section that zips to the front Buttons onto the hull

Don't have the sloping section as sold full top with boat but do have the low profile 'trailering' cover for a 1990 DE 17 if you are interested to have one as well ?? Buttons to top of windshield and along top of gunwales and across stern. Almost new shape -good price.

Last edited:
The op's title is a typo.....no Ling here, just boat covers :Do_O

Don't have the sloping section as sold full top with boat but do have the low profile 'trailering' cover for a 1990 DE 17 if you are interested to have one as well ?? Buttons to top of windshield and along top of gunwales and across stern. Almost new shape -good price.[/QUOT
Don't have the sloping section as sold full top with boat but do have the low profile 'trailering' cover for a 1990 DE 17 if you are interested to have one as well ?? Buttons to top of windshield and along top of gunwales and across stern. Almost new shape -good price.

Is it waterproof? Made of? Sounds like it may be useful for storage months as my Canadian tire cover is getting a bit worn.
Any picture?

Is it waterproof? Made of? Sounds like it may be useful for storage months as my Canadian tire cover is getting a bit worn.
Any picture?

It is as waterproof as the boat top itself because it is made of same material - Sunbrella. As I recall the water beads up well and runs off. Navy blue. I will try to locate a photo or I'll take a photo.

One year I picked up a free waterlogged old 17 DE hull, dried it out and end of the season I had a little excavator that was working next door doing landscaping flip it over and on top of my 17DE. Tarped over that for insurance and it stayed dry dry. That was 6 years ago. The excavator never came back to take the old hull cover off. Hope you find a method easier to self install/remove.

Where are you located?

North Vancouver. My appologies as it has turned out to be the sloping back section to match up with the top and has zipper to attach to the top front section. It has all the butttons to attach to the gunwales and stern. I think that is what you were originally looking for but it is the back section for a high top. Now I have no idea where the trailering top has gone ? Anyway its the same material and colour ...... in decent shape. May not fit if you have a low top but for a 12pk of beer , its yours.

IMG_1850.JPG

One year I picked up a free waterlogged old 17 DE hull, dried it out and end of the season I had a little excavator that was working next door doing landscaping flip it over and on top of my 17DE. Tarped over that for insurance and it stayed dry dry. That was 6 years ago. The excavator never came back to take the old hull cover off. Hope you find a method easier to self install/remove.
North Vancouver. My appologies as it has turned out to be the sloping back section to match up with the top and has zipper to attach to the top front section. It has all the butttons to attach to the gunwales and stern. I think that is what you were originally looking for but it is the back section for a high top. Now I have no idea where the trailering top has gone ? Anyway its the same material and colour ...... in decent shape. May not fit if you have a low top but for a 12pk of beer , its yours.

View attachment 46707
I attached a photo. Is this what u call a high top? Just wanna be sure it’s the right fit. Could u unfold for picture to check shape?
I live kinda far away in Aldergrove.
Thx!

Attachments

• 47D6DF3A-55F5-4614-8B30-BDCA18B3290B.jpeg
    47D6DF3A-55F5-4614-8B30-BDCA18B3290B.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 12

I gotta hire this excavator guy. When he flipped the hull onto the other hull did he stick the landing; in perfect place?? That’s impressive...

Ok you'd almost certainly still have to get someone to make some adjustments to it as my top was about 6' high where yours is standard, probably a foot or so less. Also that looks dark green, mine is navy blue. Probably if same colour it be worth it to get a minor adjustment for a few bucks but the colour difference is a biggy.

In the morning I can dig out a person I used to do cushions and she does Sunbrella etc boat tops too. Best price hands down and did good job. In the 1st and Boundary area in vancouver.

Ok you'd almost certainly still have to get someone to make some adjustments to it as my top was about 6' high where yours is standard, probably a foot or so less. Also that looks dark green, mine is navy blue. Probably if same colour it be worth it to get a minor adjustment for a few bucks but the colour difference is a biggy.

In the morning I can dig out a person I used to do cushions and she does Sunbrella etc boat tops too. Best price hands down and did good job. In the 1st and Boundary area in vancouver.
I tried calling tracy a few months back and she just flat out said no she's too busy.

Thats her! Tracy ....forgot her name. Doesn't surprize me she's busy....

Back